Hypothetical question

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
If you were to accidentally back into your wifes/husbands vehicle, would you call your insurance company and report it. Would your rates go up? Remember, I'm in New York State.

#-o It would Hypothetically be an F250 backing into a Kia Sportage :help:

Signed
Anonymous

Hypothetically, what's the cost of your insurance deductible, and the estimated cost of repairs to better half's vehicle. If you have say $500.00 deductible, and there's $800.00 damage, then it might not be worth it, however if the damage is say $2000.00, then go to the insurance company - hypothetically. :) Good luck.

Get a estimate on the car and if it is under 1500$ do it your self,as its not worth the hassle if its under that,your rate will go up and to have it be cost effective,the claim needs to be a good amount to off set the increase,mrmopartech

Mrmopartech said:
Get a estimate on the car and if it is under 1500$ do it your self,as its not worth the hassle if its under that,your rate will go up and to have it be cost effective,the claim needs to be a good amount to off set the increase,mrmopartech

I agree with Mrmopartech. Not to forget they could drop you next go round.

steve said:
Ran over X's Neon with my Dodge pick-up. Hope the hypothetical person you are refering to is not yur wife...
The hypothetical person would be my wife, and it would be her Kia that hypothetically got backed into this morning

Mrmopartech said:
Yep, I'll have to bring it to a body shop and see what they say, seems a little love tap on a Kia goes a long way. The F250 has a spot/dent about the size of a golf ball, and the bumper cover needs to be glued back on.
The Kia is a whole nother story.
Let's put it this way. She can now put a bigger tire on the left rear. :puker:

HYPOTHETICALLY, I'd say you're in deep doo-doo with the missus. [-( No one else here has ever been in that situation, so we really can't give you any good advise. :drinkers:

I guess we're all missing the big picture here. WTF are you doing with a freaking KIA in your drive way at all? Where I come from you would definitely be OUTED for sacrilege like that. Turn the damn thing into tin cans and buy something American! I can't even understand why you would let your wife drive such a POS.

-
Back