I’ve been assimilated by the BORG!!!!

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Well my power steering gear box was due for a rebuild. Thing leaked and would have cost an arm and a leg to ship to Firm Feel. Or to ship a core back to them.

If I was going to give up an arm and a leg for shipping and a rebuild, may as well give into the BORG!!!eson!!!! I couldn’t pass up $90.00 off the whole setup and free shipping from Summit. I did order the Bergman coupler because I like not having to cut the steering shaft. Should make install a cinch.

Looking forward to updated steering technology and no leaks.

With the dead weight drop from this PS setup, the eddy rpm aluminum intake and ditching the A/C I think my .85 torsion bars will work out just fine.

Any install tips welcome?. Seems straight forward though.

Nice! I put one in my car and have been using it just over a year. It feels great.

Actually took it to autocross yesterday for the first time and it performed great. Happy with mine.

Install was easy, just like a regular box.

22FB8BDD-EC13-4E6B-92E6-14EA3AA108F7.jpeg
3AB4AA95-E1B8-48D3-9A1F-1CB381402CBB.jpeg
Summit code. SAVE50.

1st order. Get the Pump. $556-$50 discount code

2nd order. Get the Saginaw Pump with pulley, the bracket, the ps hoses, and the coupler. Around $400 -$40 discount code.

$50+$40=$90 Plus free shipping.

I also needed fuel lines in my order.

Other option is the BAS coupler. I opted for it instead. The savings I got covered the price difference over the borgeson universal piece that you have to cut and drill your steering shaft.

Last edited:
Any install tips welcome?. Seems straight forward though.

I think you'll find the install to be a snap. The extraction of the old power steering box will be the headache. There's nothing complex about it but it is a bit of a puzzle to clear everything. At least, that was my experience.

Assuming you have a V8, I would strongly urge you to pull the driver's side manifold/header and be prepared to unbolt the motor mount and jack the engine up a few degrees.

Also, be sure to plug the fluid entry/exit points or you're going to spill fluid all over the place.

-
Back