I am impressed!!!!!!!!

-

CUUDAK

Reaction score
Just went out to look at the trunk gutters that a fellow FABO member provided for me and I am very impressed with the EVAPO-RUST!! I did some cleanup on the sections that were cut out for me and used a wire brush to knock off the loose rust and then soaked them overnight in this stuff, WoW!! Big difference eh?? Even got into the deep pitting and cleaned it up! They have a new customer!!

057.jpg

059.jpg

The more I see this stuff in action, the more I'm impressed.. now gotta figure if anyone local is selling it..

Grant

Its better but me thinks sand blasting would of done a better job.Just my 2 cents.Still your right much better.

That's the first example I've seen and it's amazing..........Didn't expect what I see in the pics.......Really nice. :toothy10:

I got it at Autozone. Orielly's also carries it as well as Tractor supply. Autozone only had the 32oz for $8.99. I would rather have the gallon for $19.99. Stuff works good!

Its better but me thinks sand blasting would of done a better job.Just my 2 cents.Still your right much better.

Sandblasting can warp panels. I prefer Media blasting. But this stuff can soak into places sand or any media can reach. I want to retain the factory spotwelds so I had to leave a piece of the 1/4 on the gutter. Mine had some holes there too. Soaked in that seam so I won't have to worry about rust coming back. When done I will use panel-bond to clean up all the seams and assure no more leaks.

From what I've read before, it chemically removes the rust without etching. It is much more preferrable than any type of blasting on parts where you do not want to etch the surface.

Grant

The stuff looks great I`ll try some as soon as needed. What is panel-bond, i`ve never used it either? Wayne

I just seen it at Canadian Tire today, never ever heard of it until today... what a coincidence.

When I seen it today I was very scaptical because I just figured it was just another encapsulator so I didnt even give it a second look... now it looks like I have to go get some to try it out!

Nothings better for advertising than word of mouth! Thank you CUUDAK for the posting!

I think using electricity to remove rust(electrolytic derusting) might be better. Just google it. All you need is a bucket( plastic) a car battery charger, some steel, and baking soda

Sweet another believer. I got this stuff thinking it might work and has done wonders on my stuff.

The stuff looks great I`ll try some as soon as needed. What is panel-bond, i`ve never used it either? Wayne

Panel-bond is a very strong adhesive that I used to glue roofskins and 1/4s on Fords before I retired from a local Ford dealer Bodyshop. I.E.S. is what I prefer. It is a 2 part epoxy that is acually stronger than welds. I also use it to seal seams. I use a spreader and squeeze it into the pinchwelds. Stuff is awesome. I did my own test on how strong it really is. I bonded 2 pieces of frame scrap and put it between two posts on a frame machine with mo-clamps and pulled 8,000 psi. and the steel at the clamps ripped. Bonded seam was not disturbed.

Remember!!!!!!!
Parts must be submersed in this product! I soaked these parts for 24 hours. It really works. After 12 hrs I pulled the parts out and hit them with a wire brush and returned them into the solution for another 12 hrs and what you seen in the picks is before and after the use.

-
Back