I am not trading off my Dart! Need a new truck.

-
dont touch the f 150, ive owned several, nothing but issues. i used to work at dodge and i like there trucks but interior is bland. i drive a gmc sierra and personally they are the best riding truck you can get and the interior is very nice. just my opinion

Back in 2008 (last time I went shopping for a 1/2 ton gas truck, I test drove Ford, Dodge, and both Chevy and GMC. I bought the GMC because of the ride, the fit and finish, and the comfort of interior and the interior.
The purpose of the truck was to be my daily driver.

The Ram's interior just left me cold. The Ford road like a buckboard, the Sierra road and drove well, it was very comfortable, and the interior wasn't a cold or dated as the Ram at the time.

The Dodge did have a little more power with the Hemi, and the 4.7 wasn't even a consideration. But, The GMC was rated at 315 HP/335 Tq, so, while it's down slightly from the Hemi, It gets great mph, and has enough power to do everything I need it to do.Remember, it's my "car".

It was also less costly the the Ram even with a few more creature comforts.

I have an 03 Dodge Hemi with 230,000 miles! Still runs good but the throttle body/ETC usually acts up on these trucks, and mine is no different! But, other than front hubs, which I've replaced 3 times on each side, it's been a good truck!

I have a band mate that is an engineer on the Ford 5.4, first thing he tells me when we got Nellas van was to change to 10w oil, these engines have a problem with excessive oil consumption, and there is actually a TSB on them for this problem!! Not a "recall", although if more show up as using a lot of oil, it could change to that! Ours uses oil, and we are currently doing a consumption study to qualify for the the TSB, which rebuilds the motor at Fords expense!!

-
Back