I bought a shell in Minnesota! ...I'm in Florida

-

Fuzz

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm the proud owner of a 1968 Barracuda that's rusted to all hell, it was going to become a parts car and pieced out/sold, but I found a 1967 shell in Bemidji Minnesota (56601)!

Wellll, I'm in Orlando, Florida. The previous owner wants it out within 30 days or he's putting it outside in his yard (currently in a garage safe from rust). Unfortunately I work part time on top of full time school. Since I'm at the bottom of the food chain (18 year old working in food services) I can't get enough time off to come up and get the frame.

Do you guys have any ideas or recommendations for ways to get the car down? Or anywhere I can send the car to be stored until I can go get it? Shipper recommendations? Any tips?

Thanks guys! :)

If it is a parts car and the interior is not good leave it outside, that is if it is in a spot where no one will pick parts. I have safe outside storage for it untill you can pick up

Try Uship. There is no way I would travel THAT far for a regular barracuda. Shipping would be the only way for me.

If it is a parts car and the interior is not good leave it outside, that is if it is in a spot where no one will pick parts. I have safe outside storage for it untill you can pick up
It's stripped down to the shell so no interior/ glass or anything. My only concerns are the wheel wells aren't covered in a primer yet so I'm worried about rust. How would I get the car to you? It's a rolling body with wheels in the back and a skid in the front.

received_10155883881530071.jpeg

received_10155883896270071.jpeg

received_10155883785095071.jpeg

Send the seller another $50 and ask him to spray bomb it with some epoxy primer or something. Not regular old primer since it absorbs water. That'll keep it safe for quite awhile.

Surely one of our fine FABO members in Florida will step up & give him a helping hand.

um, woah.

Your gonna put new quarters and everything on that shell?

$$$$$$

Of course that also raises the question about the title.....

um, woah.

Your gonna put new quarters and everything on that shell?

$$$$$$

Of course that also raises the question about the title.....
The plan is to weld on my sheet metal from my 68 with the rotted shell.

Fuzz, i know this won't help but I'm going to ask..... Did you buy this not knowing where it was at? or did you buy it and figured you'll find away after you bought it?

Fuzz, i know this won't help but I'm going to ask..... Did you buy this not knowing where it was at? or did you buy it and figured you'll find away after you bought it?
Unknowing. I'm not known to make smart decisions and this shows. :/

I personally applaud your bravery to take chances and somehow you will figure out how to get it home. good luck with your endeavors.

that shell looks to be in killer condition. I would have bought it in a heartbeat and worried about shipping later. I don't even own a barracuda. then again I'm in Wisconsin and that's a stones throw from me compared to Florida.

-
Back