I bought it

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Well I got the guy to a price I would pay and bought it.

833 trans non-O/D from
Bellhousing
Pedals
Clutch Fork
Flywheel
Old used clutch
Brand new rebuild shifter from yearone
Shifter linkages
Floor hump

All from a 71 Duster

Were can I get a new rear seal a new side cover gasket
Will the pedals fit my 73 duster

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

Congratulations 1973dusterkid :cheers: I am sure 71 and 73 are the same :coffee2:

I would think NAPA even has the rear seal or most any auto parts store for the
833 4 speeds, even the side cover gasket :coffee2:

Wow :cheers: again Congratulations :coffee2:

Congrats. Keep us posted on the install. I will be doing the same conversion soon. I have all the parts, just need to get started.

So I am going to have the clutch and pressure plate rebuilt.I measured the clutch and its 10.38in is that right.

Were can I get a new rear seal a new side cover gasket
Will the pedals fit my 73 duster

Any of your local parts stores should have those parts. if you can't find a new side cover gasket, RTV will work fine instead.

The pedals are a direct swap. If you plan to run a high pressure pressure plate, you may want to do the 340 pedal modification, if they didn't come from a 340 car. I used to have a non-340 type pedal assembly and a 340 type so I could easily tell the difference back then, but I sold the non-340 type a few years ago.

Good luck with your 4-speed swap.

congrats

rear seal same as a 727
for clutch take a look at ram
for the moment I know they the best for it
side covert good rtv will do the job just right
pedal assembly is a direct replacement
as said ealier you can modified it to be the same as 340
you need to cut the Z bar end put 3/4 plate on the fork side
so it will disangage the clutch faster but if you go to long the
finger of the pressure will comme in contact with the clutch

it help alote in power shifting those old grandma

So I am going to have the clutch and pressure plate rebuilt.I measured the clutch and its 10.38in is that right.

I've never heard of rebuilding a pressure plate. I've always bought new; however, I always raced everything we built so I needed more than stock parts.

If you do plan to race it and know what your future plans are for motor, gears, and slick size, Ram can tell you which clutch they recommend for your application.

For a daily driver, I'd go w/a Center Force II clutch n plate. Easy on the leg and no need for the overspring.

What's the inside of the trans look like? Looks like it was sitting in or near water. I'd seriously take a good look inside while it's out. Hate like heck to have you install it and pull it again.

Do yourself a favor, and get a gasket set for the trans , guarentee it will leak if you don't! There are O rings on the shifter fork arms in the side cover, and, never put rtv on the gasket surface of a transmission, that being said, go to Brewers Performance, or Passon and get the seals, both great to work with. Gaskets, and seals are cheap, the rest of the thing's you need are easy to find at local parts stores, or mail order performance outlets. Just my 2 cents, I learned the hard way, after rebuilding many of these, Good luck!

-
Back