I can't believe what I sold at the last swap meet...

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that there are plenty of you that take stuff to car shows and swap meets . You pack stuff up that you think should sell. You take stuff that you hope will sell, and you throw in some small trinkets that you'll never use.
Last weekend in Fremont CA, I sold a crazy amount of stuff that I just brought along as nickle and dime stuff. I was shocked to see people so interested in gas caps, door mirrors, armrests and old AM radios. I sold almost every emblem I brought too. Dog dish hubcaps? I brought 18 and sold every one. I sold 3 guage clusters for 71-72 Road Runners. I sold 2 open diff 8 3/4" chunks. All in all, I made an all time high in dollars made. The small stuff certainly helped.

Congratulations on a good amount of work to get all the parts there for your customers :cheers: sounds like it was fun also :D, and you did not have to load up as much as you loaded to get there ...:thumleft:

absolutely! i love diggin through small parts! thats the best part! one guy at that ohlone show had a bunch of little parts i thought i'd NEVER see! made me happy, got what i was lookin for! :)

Selling some of those small parts sorta justifies being a hoarder. I was thinking I'd end up putting much of that stuff in a FREE pile. What a surprise.

At the end of the day, it's cash in your pocket. I'm glad you had a great day!

I wonder how much of that "nickel and dime stuff" is in MY garage now! Found some things that I needed, and some things that I didn't - like an old AM radio!

Cash in hand always good. And happy people with parts. Win-Win! Always tough to know what to bring. Not sure what will sell. Sucks to load,unload, load then unload again.

good deal for you .i hope i can get that lucky at mmw this month im takin some doors and other small stuff if it dont sell its goin to scrap i need the room to be able to think again

That's great! I remember when I used to take a 66 Barracuda back window, a 440 cast crank, and a 440 stock cam and matched lifters along with all the other parts I had for sale from show to show. They made the rounds to at least 8 shows, without even one offer. I swore I was going to take the cam, beat up the rod journals on the crank, throw the crank through the rear window, and then throw it all in the trash. My prices weren't crazy; I was only asking $50 for the back window and cast crank; I think I was only asking $25 for the cam and lifters. I'm so glad I don't waste my time trying to do the vendor thing any more and can actually enjoy the shows I go to now.

-
Back