I changed my FIRST radiator today

-

66DartSedan

Reaction score
Only took me about 5 hours in the blistering hot sun lol, but I got it done.

A few odd things happened. Gas leaked out the back excess drain thingy for some unknown reason. Did the new radiator put a different compression on the gas tank somehow? idk

I lost about a quart of transmission fluid cause I didn't have it in (N) ...

The damn thing didn't fit right, so on the side of the road I had to drill, but I only ended up getting 3 bolts in...but its in there snug.

But the kicker was once it was all said and done when I tried to close the hood I couldn't at first cause this one is too high...but I ended up closing it... it's just tight I think. And then I drove it home. So I guess job well done?

Make sure the cap isn't smashed into the hood! We had a maverick with a rowdy 351 that had an aluminum radiator swapped in at some point in it's life. The cap was smashed into the hood and didn't allow the cap to vent. It kept blowing off radiator hoses without overheating. Took me awhile to figure that issue out.

Make sure the cap isn't smashed into the hood! We had a maverick with a rowdy 351 that had an aluminum radiator swapped in at some point in it's life. The cap was smashed into the hood and didn't allow the cap to vent. It kept blowing off radiator hoses without overheating. Took me awhile to figure that issue out.
Ah Yes, i was wondering if that may happen...i might have to take the radiator out...drill new holes and lower it.

You're gonna love that Champion radiator. ....
Mine only had 3 bolts holding it for a long time until I finally drilled it for that last bolt...lol.
It wasn't about to fall out or nothing.....lol

Jeff

-
Back