I could just SCREAM

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
I ordered push rods from Smith Brother's friday night. I called them twice and went over everything twice. I paid to have them next day air because I work from 7 am till 9 pm everyday but tues. Well I'm off today and waiting for the push rods. They show up and they are completely wrong. I about lost it. :evil: I called them up and they gave me the freakin "we don't know how that could have happened". I was to mad to even get nasty with them. Now I'm gonna have to wait till the weekend to fire it up.

I also have 2 other issues concerning things that were supposed to work and don't with this new set up. I'm fed up today. :shock:

Crap like this takes the fun out of the hobby for me. I have so little time to do things like this and then when I'm ready to go at it people that I deal with and pay good money to get their advice and product's aren't paying attention. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BARRACUDA340S said:
I ordered push rods from Smith Brother's friday night. I called them twice and went over everything twice. I paid to have them next day air because I work from 7 am till 9 pm everyday but tues. Well I'm off today and waiting for the push rods. They show up and they are completely wrong. I about lost it. :evil: I called them up and they gave me the frealin "we don't know how that could have happened". I was to mad to even get nasty with them. Now I'm gonna have to wait till the weekend to fire it up.

Uh oh...

I was gonna order a set of push rods from them. And I was hoping for a pleasant experience with no screw ups!

I just ordered a checking pushrod from them, that had to be custom made as well... I'll see what happens when it arrives, I guess...

What'd your pushrods cost, if you don't mind my asking?

I always wanted to put a heavy bag in my garage to kick
the ever loving sh*t out of :violent1: when things, or I :eek:ops:
screw up. But I don't have the room. Hang in there Brett.
Hang in there.

BARRACUDA340S said:
Crap like this takes the fun out of the hobby for me. I have so little time to do things like this.....

When I read the thread topic I thought it was one of mine.....

I've been on that friggen roller coaster ride ALL SUMMER LONG Brett! Two steps forward, one back.... And one of those rides was about push rods too! Like the advice I received then, just hang in there. I hated hearing it when my *** was on fire about this or that, but it holds true. Hang in there....

And as for my nightmare all I have to do is drop my car on the ground, attach the clutch rod at the Z bar, and bolt on the shifter. Thats it. And I can drive her!

I hope...... [-o<

I hear you guy's, I've been down this road before. It sucks but what ya gonna do :roll: :roll: If I had more free time it wouldn't bother me as much. Oh well, I did what I could today and I guess I will just have to fire it up friday.

Brett in Smith Brothers defense I was at Maple Grove Raceway in PA for a Division 1 bracket final several years back. The guy I was with had them make up a set to replace the Cranes he bent during Thursdays trials, the pushrods showed up Fed Ex at the hotel by 9:30 Friday morning. They are a great company and the product is superior. You just had an instance of bad luck.

With all the people they have as customers someones gonna have a bad experiance. Some of us are just stuck always being that person.

-
Back