I couldn't help myself...It followed me home!

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well here is my new project. I don't know much about it yet. 6 1/2 foot bed. It has a slant 6, 3 on the tree and 8 3/4 sure grip. Also has some sort of chrome package.

Attachments

• DSC01646.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC01647.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 644
I don't name my cars...so if I forget her name or call her by another...she wont act up or go off on me. The engine bay is big enough for a nice BB! What do you think?

awsome score i have a weakness for trucks!! looks like a 64 or 65? i have a 62 w200 with a utiline bed (stepside) and a 76 warlock and others... yours looks like a great project good luck with the build!!

I do ,too. If you want ,fun. A basic 440,will blow your mind. These trucks,are light. Leave,as is.,throw a 383,440 low buck mill,at it. J.H.M.O...

I think black or deep blue with red to yellow flames on the front and chrome reversed wheels with baby moons. Stick a tunnel ram 426 Hemi in the bay with the highly polished scoop sticking out of the hood! That should get some attention.

awsome score i have a weakness for trucks!! looks like a 64 or 65? i have a 62 w200 with a utiline bed (stepside) and a 76 warlock and others... yours looks like a great project good luck with the build!!

I knew your avatar looked familiar.

That truck is to cool. Nice score.

What a beauty. My dad had one of those back when I was about 6 or 7.....baby blue with a split manifold slant 6 and glasspacks and a 3-on-the-tree. Burned into my memory. Metal painted dash and real glass over the gauges.....now THAT'S a real truck!

What a beauty. My dad had one of those back when I was about 6 or 7.....baby blue with a split manifold slant 6 and glasspacks and a 3-on-the-tree. Burned into my memory. Metal painted dash and real glass over the gauges.....now THAT'S a real truck!

Thanks. I think it has a lot of character. Color under the fenders and inside the doors. Baby blue. Found both inside door handles and one window crank under the seat. Maybe the other will show up. Not sure if engine is 251. 225 or 170 yet. It seems some trucks had either if a slant. I hope to start on it in a few weeks.

Man that's a cool old truck. I agree with the others on putting a BB Wedge under the hood, just like Ma Mopar did on a few rare ones.

251???
:scratch:

X2, 170,198 and the 225, My money is that the truck has a 225/ in it :cheers:

How does the /6 sound ? does it run and sound good to you :coffee2:

Wow! I see a chrome grill :coffee2: If you are not a /6 fan this is a great
candidate for a smooth stock big block or small block and auto trans

Me, well it would be driven and update brakes and steering suspension and drive it a while as you work on it ......... long term planes would be a RV 440 style build :burnout:

I've been kinda looking around for about 4 years. I saw some "that's a cool truck" and thought I better buy it or I may have regret. It seems mine does have the 225. The 251 was a flat head not slant, my bad. Found out truck has 3.9 8 3/4 in a 741 case but, unfortunately is not sure-grip. Truck was stuck in gear..missing bushing, rolls now. Not sure whats up with the chrome grill, maybe some option idk. Also seems to have a factory manual choke in the dash..same knobs... idk about that either. I'll update in a few weeks.

-
Back