I could'nt help myself

-

68gts340

Reaction score
this followed me home today . now i am going to have to keep it.. no not a mopar this time, but it is a very clean 68 buick wildcat.. needs little to be a great driver, seat covers , carpet , tune up and fix the brakes. replace the tires. been sitting since 1991 ...i ve got to stop answering my phone....

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

I can appreciate that. The ONLY GM product I've owned was a 67 Electra Deuce an a quadda with a 430 Wildcat and a Quadra-bog under the hood. Was a nice Luxo-barge

I thought the nailheads were 421ci?

You are probably right ramcharger!!:-D
I have never herd of a nailhead, But there are allot I have never herd of.
My uncle had a nice two door wildcat and I do remember it had a 401 wildcat in it. It looked like a big chevelle. That buick sure could move for a big one.

Hell, i don't know Mike, lol! You could fit what I know about Buicks in a bottle cap. :-D

My sisters friend had a Wildcat many years ago and a friend of mine had a Rivera, a '75 I think. I remember that it had a horseshoe auto shifter, an "economy" gauge in the dash and the doors locked when it was put in drive. Pretty cool car really and was mighty fast too. I remember him saying something about stage III heads?

All this was maybe 25,000 beers ago, lol!

this ol nailhead has a 430 -4bbl... they had 401s 4255s .430s and 455s ..depending on the year and model,,, i once worked with a crane operator that drove a factory ,dual quad rivvy 1963 or4 ? 401 cube i think...

these are HUGE cars..i think it is as big or bigger than my old 62 chrysler 300 convert.. and almost 5000 lbs....definately going to be a cruiser...not to offen tho ,,,these things eat fuel !!!!! the p o was going to let it go for a demolition derby car ...i could'nt let it go to that kind of an end...

now i have a new problem....my new garage ( still under construction ) is now to small.... and i am not going to build a third one ! ,, kind of forcing me to get a couple projects finished.....I guess its not all that bad..

the stage three motors were 455 s , 68 to 70 or 71? .. mostly in the GS models, sister cars to the old GTO s and the chevelles. i have only known of one around here back when they were new and it was a 4 speed ,convertable car. pretty rare cars now.

Excellent info 68GTS! IIRC, it was a 455 in the Riv' and he said he added on the heads. Supposedly his boss at the gas station he worked at was big into Buicks and gave him the heads.

This was back when I could still get 4V Cleveland (Boss) heads for 100 bucks a set used. Mongo ports. 351C closed chamber Austrailian heads were also readily availible.

according to an old mag stage 1 was a 455 starting in 70 thru 72
232 verts in 70 and 81 in 71 and 81 in 72....now you know there's
gonna be a small number of 4 spd cars, like maybe 45-60 of the total,
probably less..neat cars..sleepers with a big motor..

Get rid of it right now.
You're going over to "the dark side".

-
Back