I couldn't wait....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Even though I have gifts to wrap.... and shopping I had to finish....and the Wife is planning on a 3 day baking binge (ummm...cookies!) and all the related food shopping, I just HAD TO go to the garage and bolt this sucker in. I felt that if I didn't I was missing something....
SANY0004-vi.jpg

SANY0003-vi.jpg

This is all the way back for 2nd. & 4th.

SANY0001-vi.jpg

This is 1st. & 3rd. No where near the dash! Although I was thinking of mounting my tach somewhere in that area to get it off the top of the dash pad. All I know is I will sleep much better tonight knowing that sucker fits.

But my Wife says I have "issues" with this car.... and for the life of me I can't see how. :-\"

who said you couldn't find a use for those old ski poles :lol:

Awesome. that's wicked sick.. :thumleft:

How long were you sittin on the floor making engine sounds and shiftin that thing?!!!:burnout:

Awesome. that's wicked sick.. :thumleft:

It reminds me of those old HAWK Weird-oh models from the sixties... or maybe an Ed Roth drawing. But remember also that there's nothing in the car to tone down the visual impact of that monolith growing out of the transmission tunnel. Kinda like a male **** star shaving. Throw in some carpet and that hugh old bench seat and it'll all come together. :mrgreen:
Whatever... I think it looks awesome.:burnout:

How long were you sittin on the floor making engine sounds and shiftin that thing?!!!:burnout:

Would believe my Wife asked me the same question! That's funny....

The only noise I made was a sigh of relief it didn't hit the dashboard!

My brother put one of those in his '69 Roadrunner back when it was new.
It had the orig. white Hurst ball on it. It shifted great. I ran the car to a 13.84
with it. At the time I think we called them Nascar shifters.

Looks great!

At the time I think we called them Nascar shifters.

Now that you mention it....

In 2003 for our Honeymoon Amy & me went to Disney World.Once we got there she surprised me with an 8 lap session with the Petty driving school at Orlando Speedway. After all the class talk we got into the cars ( I had the Tony Stewart Home Depot car....) and the first thing I noticed was how low the seat was and how high and pulled back the shifter was. Once they tighten those harness you are SECURED to the point that it almost hurts.

But yeah...that shifter was *right there* and it had to be.
Now way you could reach anything further away that the lenght of your out stretched arm.
DisneyVacation2003040-vi.jpg

DisneyVacation2003042-vi.jpg

Once we were there, my Wife decided she wanted to go for a ride.
So she went for the 3 lap ride-along with a school instructor.
DisneyVacation2003045-vi.jpg

They made me follow an instructer to keep me at a *reasonable* speed (my fastest lap was the last at 123 MPH. I've gone faster on the Long Island Expressway....)

My wife on the other hand enjoyed 150MPH laps.
She came out of that car grinning from ear to ear.
DisneyVacation2003048-vi.jpg

Sorry for the self-indulgence, but it brought back some great memories. It was the best vacation we've done so far.

looks great john. will look even better once the bench goes in.

Looks good. It should work real fine with the bench seat. I have always been more for the short shifters myself. That is why I went with the e-body pistol grip in my Dart. But yeah I have to agree on the Ed Roth look too. I remember way back when seeing a shifter that almost went to the roof. If I remember right it was in a 65 or 66 Mustang. Always thought it was cool.

looks great john. hope it clears the bench.

I'll have to measured off of the floor in my Dart to the top of the bench and compare against the shifter. I think I'll be OK.

But that's what I thought when I bought those sexy little air cleaners.....
Barracuda416-vi.jpg

...that hit the @%$#$%# hood!

Have you thought about mounting the tach on the hump under the dash? Outta quick sight, and still usable?

Nice to see the handle back in a car and off my garage wall...under hood shot is nice too!!

Dave

-
Back