I found a couple issues with my Dart

-

justinp61

Reaction score
While my Dart was on the lift to change converters and install adjustable strut rods I found a couple issues in the front suspension. The Viking D/A shock on the passengers side was very stiff on compression even on full soft. Two clicks from full soft and I could barely compress it, four clicks and I couldn't move it. The drivers side shock seemed to be working fine.

Viking doesn't service out of warranty shocks and recommended Afterworks in Texas. I called and talked to Ron Monday and shipped the shocks on Tuesday, they should be there today. He's going to dyno them and let me know what he finds.

After installing the front tires I discovered my idler arm was bad, worn out on the k member end. When I turned one of the tires (L-R) the drag link end would move up or down almost 1/2". A new idler is ordered.

I go over the car every spring from front to back and do a visual inspection, now I'm thinking I need to be more thorough.

Check'em over good guys, you may be surprised what you find.

That’s one reason why corner scales are so important. Corner scaling a car regularly will find all kinds of crap.

I know what you mean, I had to make a check list for the Demon when I get it ready to run down the track. It's amazing how things go bad, get loose, or wear out just running the 1/8 or 1/4 mile. But I'd rather spend the time checking than take a chance & crash it because I got lazy.

-
Back