i got a bad rad problem

-

mopar426

Reaction score
evertime i come home from school i got cooliant on the ground but some times it doesnt do it and i cant tell where its comeing from cause it every where?

Well, couple ways to check it.
1. Fill the system, let the engine run till it it at tempurature. shut it off and watch for leaks.
2. get a pressure tester (auto zone loans tools) fill the system, pump it up to around 16psi and watch for leaks.
You didnt mention if there is any noises while the engine is running.
The water pump may be on its way out. There is a weep hole in the housing behind the pully, check that as well as hoses. Be careful while working around hot engine fluids, burns really hurt!
Joe

yeah i got a over flow tank but nuthin goin into it so its not that and i dont hear anything when its running only the power stearing

I friend of mine had his overflow tank hose get plugged with the silver wrapper that seals the antifreeze bottle. So when it was trying to push fluid to the overflow bottle it couldn't. He found out the hard way. It blew the hoses off and the shock from that damaged the rad. Make sure your not plugged and that it's not trying to make it out some other place. Jysnflem

Starting at the bottom and look up. What I mean is you know it's wet low so you are looking to see how far up the engine or radiator is wet. This will give you a better place to start for repairs. Could be a hose, water pump (won't make noise as it would be a seal problem) ,the radiator has sprung a leak or freeze plug problem. The main thing is follow the wetness trail to the start.

ok thanks i think the bottom hose is to short but i still want to pressure test it

-
Back