I got a new donor car!

-

d55dave

Reaction score
So today I took possession of a car, traded with a friend for labour recurving his distributor and installing a manual valve body in his cuda race car. Heck of a deal!

It is the last of the big block c bodies, a 77 Chrysler town and country wagon with a full load, power everything! I want it primarily for the 440/727/brackets, pulleys, car oil pan, mounts driveshaft, you know, all the big block stuff. I do feel a life guilty about cutting it up, but it has a few rust spots and hasn't been on the road in years, not to mention that it is fugly. It brings back lots of memories of my childhood though, we had a very similare car when I was a kid.

If anyone wants any parts shoot me a pm. It will be gone in a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20150721_183204.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_20150721_183154.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 308
you mean partsHAULER right?

that car looks way to sweet to part out

Yeah......I thought that I might catch some flack for parting it. It is presently complete except for the rad and fender skirts and has a current registration (clean title).make me.an offer that I can't refuse and it is all yours! Sadly I have too many vehicles, limited parking and time and too many bills to.just hang on to.it.

I just realized your in Canada
probably a good thing because if Rainy finds out what yer doing she'd whoop your tailsection if you were any closer

I get yer point thought, I caught a lot of flack for suggestion we pull some parts of an affordable 74 duster to put on my 71

but in this case, I wonder if you could go on "forCbodiesonly.com" and just trade this car off to someone for the parts you want?
might even be able to trade it of here and it would save you a few hours of wrenching and some scraped knuckles

Yes, I already have it up on forcbodies only. I get the whole not scrapping it thing but sadly I don't have the time or passion to commit to save it and so far no one else is stepping up to the plate. It is probably fairly rate with the 440, I suspect most were 400's. Rainy, if you or anyone else wants it I will deliver it over the line into Washington state.

you mean partsHAULER right?

that car looks way to sweet to part out

Says the guy who'd part out a running/driving $2300 '74 Duster for the rear end, brakes, and a fold down seat, just because it's a '74 Duster with a /6...lol...something about beauty and the eye of the beholder I guess.

EDIT: Just noticed you did make note of this in your recent post...you didn't catch "a lot" of flack...one or two guys called you out because you wanted to **** can a running driving decent car, primarily because you thought the '74 was an Ewwww year....and had tail lights shaped like gumdrops (?)...if that's "a lot" of flack, maybe I need to switch lines of work

Yes, I already have it up on forcbodies only. I get the whole not scrapping it thing but sadly I don't have the time or passion to commit to save it and so far no one else is stepping up to the plate. It is probably fairly rate with the 440, I suspect most were 400's. Rainy, if you or anyone else wants it I will deliver it over the line into Washington state.

Yea I'd buy it if you wanna sell it complete..?? Haha doesn't look worth parting

I've run into the same thing on my 71 Imperial hard top 4dr and the 69 Fury 1. Lots of good parts on the cars but nobody wants to step up to the plate.......

11x2 rear drums? Lookin for a set to put on this Dana if I can find some reasonably enough... Might justify reusing / resplining the axles

those big block cars are all but extinct here. all c body wagons also .love that car

Caint save em all!! If you sold it whole you would just be watching somebody else parting it out, and you would'nt have the drivetrain! That's really about the only sellable area on the car!! Not too many people putting wagons of that era back together!! I can get my hands on dozens of wagons, I just don't get them because I don't need the drive trains, or the hassle of trying to sell anything else from them!

Caint save em all!! If you sold it whole you would just be watching somebody else parting it out, and you would'nt have the drivetrain! That's really about the only sellable area on the car!! Not too many people putting wagons of that era back together!! I can get my hands on dozens of wagons, I just don't get them because I don't need the drive trains, or the hassle of trying to sell anything else from them!

I love wagons but there is no way I could pull it off right now .....I have the coronet wagon and a satellite wagon on the cookers and that is a handful already plus Washington state is two hops and a big jump and a jog from here.

Sweet car though ....I hope it finds a good home.

if you come across any wagon parts for a 68 coronet or 68 satellite ....remember me.

oddly enough my two wagons ended up being the same year and cousin cars to each other.

-
Back