I got some super six parts and they came with questions!

-

low_kota

Reaction score
I acquired a super six intake, exhaust manifold, carter BBD, and some brackets. The guy that I got it from said that he wasn't sure if the kickdown linkage that he threw in was correct or not and I was hoping that someone here could confirm. The brackets that came on the manifold also look a little different from what I have seen in other super 6 pix. I know that I will need a new air cleaner and choke, but based on my pics below is there anything else that I will need? It will be going on a 74 Dart Swinger with a 225 and 904.

I am hoping to get a set of Hooker headers to install at the same time and was wondering how the linkages would hook up without having the factory manifold, since they are currently bolted to the manifold.

Also, Can anyone recommend a good rebuild kit for the Carter?
8c891708.jpg

986a7707.jpg

f39c7e17.jpg

42579161.jpg

ec0f18aa.jpg

That is not super six kickdown linkage. It does appear though that it was installed and working. You might try it and see if it will adjust out. The super six linkage is VERY noticably different in that the piece with the long slot is curved rather than straight and the bracket that holds it all to the manifold is also somewhat different. I would try it and see if it will work. Even if it does not, there's enough there to MAKE something work.

Thanks! The guy that I got it from took it off of a 72 dart that threw a rod and he bought the car with the super six already on it. So I am guessing that this stuff all worked on the car. For what I paid, just getting the manifold would have been a good deal so it won't be too bad if I have to hunt down any other parts.

-
Back