I got the news tonight

-

torigr

Reaction score
I got the news tonight,my oldest daughter Leslie finally listened to me and proud of her.She is 20 years old and decided to dump her abusive boyfriend DJ.Did it for me too,he was very disrespectful to me also.Leslie warned him not to get on my bad side,I turn a real b*tch when this happens.The last straw was when he did hit her in the shoulder area on Saturday and left a bruise.Made the right decision to have him arrested and file charges against him.I talked her into filing a PPO also which Leslie is going to do also,feels threaten for her life.

That's good to hear. I hope she has the sense not to believe him when he comes crawling back insisting that he'll change.

Tell her that there is a man out there whom she won't argue with and he respects her and her family.You don't have that it's ok to trade him off for a good one.Its scary thinking you'll be all alone but everyone does.Somewhere a fella is looking for a good gal so don't settle with problems thinking it will get better.

good for her

I always tell people, when I heard my first child was going to be a boy I went out and got a football
when I heard the second one was going to be a girl I went out and got my CPL

Hopefully this young man will see the light considering what has transpired? I know when I was in my teens that emotions could get the best of you. Fortunately my upbringing kept me from acting out in a violent way. So many kids these days just don't have the family structure that some of us "older" guys/gals had. Your a good Dad, and Leslie is fortunate to have someone that truly cares. I know you'll keep a eye on her and hopefully if the young man involved remains close, you'll help guide him in the right direction.....Sure does seem like he could use a solid father figure also?

That's good to hear. I hope she has the sense not to believe him when he comes crawling back insisting that he'll change.

This! A clean and complete break is the only way to freedom and happiness. NO CONTACT PERIOD. Good luck and God Bless

Exactly. Lets all hope that. Most women in her position are unfortunately stupid enough to take the guy back. As such, they have to accept half the blame at that point. Like it or not.

X2

Good to hear that she's dumping that looser...

Any guy that has to hit a woman to control her is an insecure @ss... If he's so tough, he should pick on GUYS that are BIGGER than him.... Obviously, he's not man enough for that....

His next step with be to promise her the world to come back to him, but mean none of it. Hopefully she will see through that.

She doesn't need a man like that looser...

It's good that you are bringing her up not to let men mistreat her... Hopefully she will realize that and make all men that she dates meet up to that standard or boot him...

View attachment Daughter dating.jpg

View attachment jerk_magnet.jpg

She has learned abuse is never ok.Not going back to him anymore.Taking a break and knows there will be a man that will treat her right.

Hoping she finds a great guy who will treat her with the respect she deserves!! Way to go Leslie, and mama too for bringing her up right!!

No woman deserves to be hit.

This is true...to a point. My Ex and I had a volatile relationship. I was pretty much a di#k. My mental health crap was ramping up and I had no clue how to deal with it. She was good at pouring fuel on the fire. I was hit with almost every kitchen utensil she had....multiple times. Have a scar on my forearm where she stuck a wooden skewer in my arm...was in far enough it came back out. At some point it becomes self defense. She was swinging a frozen piece of meat at my temple...that was the final straw. Grabbed her other arm, wrenched it behind her and flipped her on the floor.
Buddies now Ex was in a drug induced rage and came after him with a knife...like I said, at some point it can be self defense.

I raised her right and knows she deserves better.Leslie has one song in her mind,Wrong Baby Wrong by Martina Mcbride.Her dad is proud of her too,he wanted to kill him badly.Her ex has been charged with domestic violence and she did file for the PPO this afternoon.I have a good friend of mine that is a lawyer and she did talk to him for legal advice on this.I am going to have the talk with my youngest daughter Danielle this weekend and she is 14 years old.

-
Back