I guess junkyard A-bodies are all gone now

-
Where are you located? I have lots of doors, two nice 67's

West Texas about 2.5 hours west of ft worth. I got the 67 passenger door from my 67 thats rough but fixible going on the 69, its passenger door is a 67 door thats arrow straight. After swapping the doors, I intend to convert the old one off my car to a 69 type linkage and all. Necessity is the mother of invention.

In all reality since nobody repops door skins, what i would need is a pair of 69 door shells , and a drivers side 67 door shell. In a perfect world this stuff would drop into my lap.

Last edited:
Yeah- I can't drop them from here to Texas very easy.

Wild Cats still have a few. This was taken about three years ago. also a place about 30 miles from me but mostly early A's

View attachment 1714965151

View attachment 1714965153

View attachment 1714965156

View attachment 1714965161

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!! Lookat all the second gen barracudas. Do they sell any cars out of there, or is it a case of once they go in, they never come out. Some could be nice projects. Who cares about "numbers" cars, just get em on the road.

The B and E body cars way back when, once the good ones got snapped up, got scarce and prices went up, the steel repair parts became available. Eventually the picked over rusted out parts cars started to be looked at as viable projects. I remember seeing a picked over 68 Charger R/T with clean title and both the vin and fender tags intact. It was a thoroughly stripped shell with a rear axle in it. mind you. $3,500 !!!! This was in 2008. I dont think these cost this much when new!!!

I bet A bodies will end up this way too. Especially the more sought after ones. Rust that wasnt concidered fixible 20 years ago because of lack of repop stuff is now easily replaced for the most part now due to repop stuff, and internet networking.

I remember reading a mopar magazine article replacing a rusty roof skin panel on a 69 road runner vinyl top car. The rest of the car was pretty decent but the steel was so thin you could put your hand through it. The car was able to be repaired because AMD repopped the roof skins for these B bodies. Before this became avail it was hunt the junkyards for a decent belvedere 2 door hardtop a possible project in its own right just to hack the roof off.

Last edited:
Total A body numbers might have had a chance back in the day.
If people wanted them and would pay for parts.
Sad fact was that people didn't want them.
I never saw a Mustang in the junk yard.
16 years ago the big parts yard would get A bodies from the 70s in.
Some people were pulling doors and fenders off to send to Mexico.
I saw piles of them.
That yard didn't keep cars longer than a few weeks.
They crushed them. I saw good cars get stripped and crushed.
I don't even bother to go.
No time now and it's not on my way anymore.

hard to find such in any yard around here anymore. like said, the old yards crushed, retired, modern yards want nothin older than maybe 90 stuff. I have a mopar buddy that has his own mopar salvage business, he has maybe 20 or maybe more A bodies scattered thru out the weeds, snakes, ticks, chiggers, wasps .....if he was in any other part of the country it would all be picked clean I guess. he sells local, to much BS shipping parts and dealing with wanna be's and be back's, I don't blame him. people will drive 6 hrs to get there and look.

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!! Lookat all the second gen barracudas. Do they sell any cars out of there, or is it a case of once they go in, they never come out. Some could be nice projects. Who cares about "numbers" cars, just get em on the road.

The B and E body cars way back when, once the good ones got snapped up, got scarce and prices went up, the steel repair parts became available. Eventually the picked over rusted out parts cars started to be looked at as viable projects. I remember seeing a picked over 68 Charger R/T with clean title and both the vin and fender tags intact. It was a thoroughly stripped shell with a rear axle in it. mind you. $3,500 !!!! This was in 2008. I dont think these cost this much when new!!!

I bet A bodies will end up this way too. Especially the more sought after ones. Rust that wasnt concidered fixible 20 years ago because of lack of repop stuff is now easily replaced for the most part now due to repop stuff, and internet networking.

I remember reading a mopar magazine article replacing a rusty roof skin panel on a 69 road runner vinyl top car. The rest of the car was pretty decent but the steel was so thin you could put your hand through it. The car was able to be repaired because AMD repopped the roof skins for these B bodies. Before this became avail it was hunt the junkyards for a decent belvedere 2 door hardtop a possible project in its own right just to hack the roof off.

Yes they will sell whole cars. I find wild cats to be pricey but they have the stuff.

There's a junk yard in central California somewhere around Fresno that has lots of A-Bodies...at least they did last time I was there.
Well, I just realized that was about 15 years ago. They might still be there.

-
Back