I Had My Back Surgery

-
The staples came out Friday and everything is looking ok. The nurse was going to ask the doctor if it should be drained but decided to get off of the hydrocodone and start with ibuprophen and ice. Good call roccodart.
What I didn't like to hear is that it might take 1 to 1 1/2 years for the nerves to regenerate.

Keep making progress, and don't get discouraged by how long it takes or how little each step forward is. Every bit of forward moving progress is still progress. And that to me is what defines it.

The staples came out Friday and everything is looking ok. The nurse was going to ask the doctor if it should be drained but decided to get off of the hydrocodone and start with ibuprophen and ice. Good call roccodart.
What I didn't like to hear is that it might take 1 to 1 1/2 years for the nerves to regenerate.

the reason for advil vs. hydros is hydros mask pain. That's all they do. Advil (naids) reduce inflammation, which is the cause of the pain and also impedes healing. Hydros are processed in the liver (liver toxic/hepatoxic). Nsaids are processed in the kidneys. Read that like this... are you more comfortable health wise drinking a 12 pack of beer a day (that's what taking 1,00mg of hydro or Tylenol is similar to) or eating about 2 lbs of chicken, NASAIDs. When you take advil just up your water intake if it is low. 1 gallon a day is very ideal for a 250 lb man.

You can speed the nerve and tissue regen in 2 ways. You can go to a doctor and inquire about PRP injections (plasma rich platelet injections) what they do here, and honestly I wish they would do this for everyone, without asking at the time of surgery, is they take your own blood, spin it down in a centerfuge and re-inject it. It's kind of like legal poor mans stem cell injections.

The other option is to get HGH, legally or illegally. California and florida you can get it legally pretty easily especially over the age of 50. Illegally, that's up to you to figure out. 10iu a day for 6-8 weeks dropped down to 4iu a day under you feel better should do the trick.

If you aren't opposed to going to south America you can legit get stem cell treatments, but I don't know your travel status.

To give you a little background on me. I am 39 and have 2 herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and w.a.s.p. syndrome. I've been down your road, but dodged the surgery. I know compete internationally in powerlifting. I have some friends that are doctors so I've learned a lot.

Almost wish surgery was an option for me...hope things go well in your recovery.

Thanks Guys.
I have gone back on the hydrocodone as the pain was quite bad last night. I didn't sleep 3 hours as the pain going done my leg was worse than before. Trying to just take 2 a day.
I went to the Rehab therapy for an evaluation and the therapist was shock how swollen my back is. I start the water therapy tomorrow morning.
I can't sit in a chair, walk ,or lay on my back or right side.
This Sunday is the local Mopar club show and I planned to go to but I have to feel a lot better than I do now.

-
Back