I hate it when that happens....

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Well..I just realized I installed my Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rocker shafts on my 340 backwards. The shaft notches are reversed. And she was looking so good..damn. Explains why the 70's are such a blur to me..:tard:

001.jpg

With that engine being on the stand instead of the car you probably forgot which was the front and which end was the back. I know I'm going to hell for that one but I couldn't resist.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

Beeeeeen there........

Dooooooone that.......

And why are the rockers squeaking, I thought to myself after cam break in.......

That small black flywheel is the smallest Ive ever seen:happy10:
Been there and written all about it.
Andrew

Thats a nice looking engine . Would you please install it in my car?Ill be glad to let you know how runs.:cheers:

Just make sure you take the ratchet off the back before installing........
That's not a ratchet. Its the engine stand handle. But...I wouldn't be surprised if I left some sort of tool inside. Tearing it all apart and putting it all together wasn't that bad. Just got tired of turning the engine to adjust the valves again. Thank god for assembly lube. Probably could run the engine with all the engine lube alone....

You should just roll that baby into the living room and admire it......I'm sure your wife will be on board with that!

shhhhhhh.........it happens makes me remember the time i was setting the motor and trans in the engine bay and thought one more toke and she'll be ready .......took the required break and while i was enjoying my self i looked on the bench and there sat the brand new oil pump and pick-up still in the boxes ......... thank goodness for the mother nature or it would have been a fatal start up

My harlan sharp rockers hit the baffles in those same type valve covers ,had to switch to taller valve covers.Might check that before you fire it8)

-
Back