I hate rust repair ------ Yeaaaaaaaa!

-
Got a bit done today. Some of the patch welded in.

Looks awesome!

Feel good to get out there and work on the car?

For me it's much easier to not do it and sit by the computer, buy parts or watch TV. I struggle with getting out in the garage myself. The first day just sucks trying to find **** and getting into a rhythm. After that it starts feeling pretty good to make some progress.

Feel good to get out there and work on the car?

Yes, except the climbing in and out of the trunk. I need a ladder.

My neighbor told me that the car had too much junk in the trunk when I was in there. :)

I've got a lot of the components ready to go, just need to get the trunk done/fuel ssystem/battery mount/cut off and then I can finish up the in cabin electrical.

Still have to build a driveshaft loop, measure buy driveshaft, change yoke on rear axle.

Got it finish welded and ground a bit. Most is going to be under a fuel cell. Throw a skim coat on it and do a bit of sanding. Good to go!

Fitted the small patch on the trunk pan. Weld that in tomorrow and grind it down. Finish some of the spot welds and I should be done with everything but the filler work.

"You bastard,you did work!!!" ,lol.....(Sorry Rob,couldn't resist....).

"You bastard,you did work!!!" ,lol.....(Sorry Rob,couldn't resist....).

I killed Kenny! LOL

Got the trunk section in today and touched up a couple spots. Ready for some surfacer and sanding.

Nice to get this done. Now I can get the trunk finished. :cheers:

Rob seeing this I feel much better about my projects in the black hole.Nice work btw

Hurry up already! Nice patch you did there. You gunna be going go Fontucky? Hoping mine is ready in 2 weeks or so.

HAHAHA 2 weeks, fat chance. Which comedy club you appearing at this week? LOL

I'll get it together. My other filler showed up, no catalyst with it. Got to go get some.

Yeah I'll hit up Fontucky or Irwindale when it's rolling..

More progression disaster. :)

Got some filler on the really rough areas.

I did get the front and rear bumper brackets set up for some serious weight reduction. Running the bead blaster to clean that nasty looking metal!

Mapping out the holes that are going to appear. :)

See, I got something else done. The unholy one now looks similar to the holy one. :)

My bumper brackets, both front and rear, door hinges, Hood and trunk hinges are in over night mail to you. Lead time is still 2 days?

My bumper brackets, both front and rear, door hinges, Hood and trunk hinges are in over night mail to you. Lead time is still 2 days?

At $50K per day, be done no problem... LOL

I did that by hand. The step drill walked a bit in some places, after a couple hours of lining stuff out and drilling I was in a WTF, IDGAS mood.

The other side now looks similar. Have to do the extension sides today.

Nice work on the bumper brackets, Rob. (Sigh)..... Any other way to lose weight.= more work,crap..(lol.)......

Here are two that are nearly done. It killed the drill I borrowed from the neighbor. Wonder if he's gonna be mad. :) Be nice if I had a press here. Sure is a workout drilling all those holes by hand.

The shavings from one bracket

I got a pair of brackets from 8.5-9# to just over 4.5#. They might need more holes!

LOL-How many times did a hot shaving get you!!!!! bastard melt right into your skin!!!! been there done that--Steve

-
Back