I hate these kind of people

-
I was selling a '71 Cuda convertible in the early 90s. I was 20 and had been selling Cuda and Challenger parts exclusively for 4 years. I owned four of them at the time and this was a 340, one of something like 120, FE5 red car, body was completly done a fresh paint, new interior, just needed the engine in it (Non matching 340 on the stand ready to go). I had it for sale for $4K. The guy looked it over, stand in the garage door way and says "It's not worth anything like that and not numbers. I'll give you $1500 cash." I said "step back". He looked, but did. I dropped the garage door on him and said "get the F out of here". He then said, "I'd go as high as 3500". I said "So are you a liar and asshole or just an asshole? Your call was the first of seven I got this morning and the car was in the paper today for the first time. Go low ball someone else." The second guy paid full for the car and paid me to change a couple things and finish it. I've mellowed a little over the years but it still frosts me to be lowballed, whether intentional or not.

Not sure if I want to laugh or cry.
71 340 Cuda convertible for $4000.00 :shock:

I would have walked up to him and offered him 50 cents for his chevy when it would'nt start, and told him your offer is extreemly generous........

Lowballer's suck, but I was just shocked to hear a Chevy Celebrity mentioned! I haven't seen one around here in YEARS!

-
Back