I Hate To Ask A Fuel System Question...

-

4speeds4me

Reaction score
Obviously the question has been beaten to death in a few threads, but there's not one fuel system specific sticky thread, so they can get tough to find.

I saved a screenshot of Uhcoog1's cheapest 600hp fuel system, but what is a "BC Bronco fuel accumulator," and where do you get one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 319
That probably seemed too easy. I've never heard of them...but thank you very much, rusty!

Stupid question, but what is the difference between this and a remote filter block/mount?

Uhcoog, thank you for that information! I am doing a 70 Cuda and was going to place one of the Aeromotive pumps in it. Exactly what that company (off-set) is doing is what I was going to have a fabricator do.

I can't wait that long, Uhcoog...I am an imposter here. I have been in contact with Tanks, Inc, and the impression they left me with was no plans for 68-70 Charger tanks anytime soon...

Ah. Alex was wanting one for his RR, so I'm sure he'll be bummed to hear the b bodies are getting left out for now.

The system I have now works great. I've had troubles only related to proximity to the muffler (my fuel system components are right between muffler and body). Make sure you get the fuel system components as far away from the exhaust as possible and use heat shielding and it will work great. B bodies have a lot more room to work with, so you should be good.

null_zps368b6916.jpg

The wrong carter is pictured. The rest I believe is right. Someone on the forum made this for me.

Carter 4600 HP is the correct PN (4601 requires a regulator, 4600 does not)

Alex might be OK. It's the Charger that suffers for now. Even though the tanks are physically dimensioned the same, the Charger uses a different fill location. (Side as opposed to rear). They left me with the impression that the Coronet and Belvedere based cars were in the works, but no word or current plan for the Charger. I could buy their tank and rework it, but at what expense? At this point I come out cheaper to use my existing tank, and put together an external setup.

Can I use this with the Carter Pump and BC Bronco (or similar) accumulator?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131423100024

As well, can I plumb the return from the filter regulator back into the accumulator as opposed to back to the tank?

Yes and yes.

Just FYI- I prefer the screw in type quick connect vs the ones in that kit.

Also- my regulstor returns to the top of the T. If you had a 4th input on the accumulator, it is technically better for it to run to the accumulator directly (vs only getting there via the T).

Don't forget about the 4th hose you need- a return to the tank.

Accumulator needs (ideal):
1- in from low pressure pump
2- out to high pressure pump
3- in from high pressure pump
4- out to fuel tank

In the BC Bronco's setup, #3 and #4 are T'ed with a single line into the accumulator. That is something you could do with this remote housing as well (maybe what you were suggesting?).

Accumulator- not ideal setup - 3 attachments only:
1- in from low pressure pump
2- out to high pressure pump
3- deleted (instead plumb regulator return straight to main tank)
4- out to fuel tank

I have not personally handled one of those filter adapters. My understanding is 2 are 'in' and 2 are 'out' (i.e. The two grouped together are literally a straight shot).

One possibility would be to run the regulator return to the same side as the high pressure pump feed. Could cause heat issues as it may cycle the same fuel through.

-
Back