I Hate To Ask This

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I Hate To Ask This Here Because It Is A Ford, But I Have Exhausted All My Resources. So Go Ahead And Give Me Hell For It.what I Need Is A Wiring Diagram, Or Information Concerning Why The Whole Insturment Cluster On A 2007 E350 Van Stopped Working. What Happened Is Someone Stole My Father In Laws Van, And Drove It Into A River. We Got The Van Back, It Still Runs, But Has Some Electrical Problems, Gauges, Something On That Runs Battery Domn. I Just Need To Fix These Problems So We Can Sell The Van. Any Help Will Be Much Appreciated. Again Sorry For The Ford Question.

A 2007 van is going to have a lot of computer modules. Going by my GM experience ( I know, GM, yuck, don't hate me) there is probably a module for the powertrain, body control, IPC (cluster), air bags, ABS, anti theft etc. Any one of these getting water intrusion can cause all kinds of expensive problems. I'd call the insurance co. I've seen minor flood damaged vehicles get totalled at our body shop.

For your diagram try a manual at JC Whitney, Pep Boys, etc.

I_294683_SW_1.jpg

i know this is not ford but i am a mechanic for honda (sorry i know handa sucks) and the instruent cluster has a built in module that when it gets wet it fries and you have to replace the whole thing. for more info try this forum www.ford-trucks.com you might get more info there.

I Hate To Ask This Here Because It Is A Ford, But I Have Exhausted All My Resources. So Go Ahead And Give Me Hell For It.what I Need Is A Wiring Diagram, Or Information Concerning Why The Whole Insturment Cluster On A 2007 E350 Van Stopped Working. What Happened Is Someone Stole My Father In Laws Van, And Drove It Into A River. We Got The Van Back, It Still Runs, But Has Some Electrical Problems, Gauges, Something On That Runs Battery Domn. I Just Need To Fix These Problems So We Can Sell The Van. Any Help Will Be Much Appreciated. Again Sorry For The Ford Question.

wouldn't your insurance cover this??

Once a vehicle of the newer variety is under water it's a total! Period you are going to chase major gremlins until you completely replace everything but the air in the tires. Besides the water that's in areas not designed to deal with draining water.

As Far As Insurance, Lets Just That There Was A Very Intoxicated Family Member Involved. Everything Works Headlights, Engine Runs Like New, Ac Works, You Can Drive It. The Only Major Problem Is The Insturment Cluster, Interior Lights And The Draining Of The Battery.

You might try pulling apart the dash to let it air out a bit, and the harness plugs to get out any moisture. Spray with silicone when going back together to try and flush out any moisture and prevent corrosion. But the sad news is that corroded terminals will plague this vehicle for a long time if the connections were dry when put together.

-
Back