I have a crazy Idea!

-
I am in central Canada, 4 hours from the Montana border, ya, it will be interesting to see if the Dart has a wide enough front end, I will have to measure stuff up this weekend

thats some real hotroding! dont forget ,measure twice and cut once!
dont forget to show pics!

You realize our cars are Muscle Cars and not Hot Rods....Putting a different brand engine into a 70s muscle car is not 'hot roddin'

...Just clarifying, because all this 'thats real hot roddin!' stuff is sounding pretty stupid when reffering to a muscle car...

Hot Rod 101:

Hot Rod;
0606sr_02_z+goodguys_hot_rod+1933_ford.jpg

Not a Hot Rod, but a Muscle Car;
1191256816.jpg

Hot Rodding 102:

Hot Rodding can mean anything. Even if it is some jackass with a honda as long as it isn't stock it has been hot rodded, it is a general term. Guys that modify their cars are hot rodders, gearheads, whatever. Guys that buy a glass 34 body and a prefabbed frame and drop a crate motor in them are not hot roders they are guys that build kit cars.

By the way Goody, A while ago you said you used a K&N filter on the vapor return line in your cuda, what kind of filter was it, you have a PN?

Yea what he said!
Maybe you could bolt that motor to a front drive trans axle and put it behind the seat, mid engine now that would be a hotrod Dart you could put those weights on the front that tractor pulls use to keep it steerable.

You realize our cars are Muscle Cars and not Hot Rods....Putting a different brand engine into a 70s muscle car is not 'hot roddin'

...Just clarifying, because all this 'thats real hot roddin!' stuff is sounding pretty stupid when reffering to a muscle car...

That's the way I have always looked at it and still do.

But what do you see in HOT ROD magazine??

Muscle cars

besides using the caddy diff and shortening it and the axels, what is a real good diff that can be put under an A body that can handle 450ft/lb and will go in with little modification, (ie) no shortening, any mopars diffs? or perhaps a 9" ????

Maybe a 9" out of a early bronco but they have a 5.5 bolt pattern. If you can find one a 57 Tbird rear is pretty narrow or a 57-59 ford rancharo or station wagon rear.

Hot Rodding 102:

Hot Rodding can mean anything. Even if it is some jackass with a honda as long as it isn't stock it has been hot rodded, it is a general term. Guys that modify their cars are hot rodders, gearheads, whatever. Guys that buy a glass 34 body and a prefabbed frame and drop a crate motor in them are not hot roders they are guys that build kit cars.

By the way Goody, A while ago you said you used a K&N filter on the vapor return line in your cuda, what kind of filter was it, you have a PN?
I agree..

Yea what he said!
Maybe you could bolt that motor to a front drive trans axle and put it behind the seat, mid engine now that would be a hotrod Dart you could put those weights on the front that tractor pulls use to keep it steerable.
if it is a 74 and earlier 500 it would be bolted to the front drive transaxle already.. the 500 was only available in eldorados(front drive) until 1975 then they were the only option in all cadillacs until they got downsized to the 425 in 1977...all rear wheel drive 1968-74 were 472 not 500 but most people make the mistake of calling all of them 500's (or 502's as ive heard numerous times) externally the 500-472-425-368 are identical..
2cents

-
Back