i have an question about body work

-

tblotske

Reaction score
im trying to get an 68 gt with an 383 bb in it. i took it in to an body shop to get it repainted.well that was this last aprial and i called today to see if it was done and it isent even in primer. all that is done is trounk floor and outer ext. and rear quarters that was panel bond not welded.he also has an list of stuff and charged me 133 hours and i bought the panels. is this an raping or not?

133 hours at maybe $50 an hour, that would be a $6650 paint job so far.

Not sure about rape, did you get an estimate and agreement to notify you if it changes? If not I think it's more like consensual. :)

you say it is ok well 6650 no bondo or dents removed 1500 in panels i payed for. its not in paint so it brings the total to $8550 for trunk and quarters come on.

Not saying cost is ok it's nuts. But if you didn't get an estimate stating not to go beyond without your permission you kind of ask for trouble.

If you did all that then you should have no trouble telling them to eat anything beyond the estimate.

well he did quote me and the wife went there to look at the what was done that is when i recived the word of the work that was done and the hours that was sead that he did found it odd so many hours so little work.just venting.

You have a right to vent, I would downright raise he11. The next problem you will have is when it is way over the estimate and the least important thing in the shop. It may already be there.

-
Back