I have decided on my build!

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
After looking over my 65 dart for a couple of months, and looking at everyones opinions on what they would do if they had this car.Also taking my skills and funds into consideration (which I didnt want to do when I got others opinions, mainly to see the possibilities) I finally decided on my direction. It will only be a mild custom , however it will be retro as if the car was only a year or two old and a hot rodder owned it. I will keep it white and clean looking with maybe a flat black hood or flat black stripes on the hood. It will get low back buckets which i already aquired from another 65ish mopar (later on i will need your help identifying these for reupholstery purposes.)Old school tach, Hurst shifter, mini tub, 8 3/4 rear,and stock interior.If the 273 checks out o.k., it will get a cam and 4 barrel upgrade,along with some other bolt ons. still up in the air about both stock and aftermarket rims that were available from that era. I will say that my favorite dart build idea came from TinCup and his build, just way above my skill level to build something like his dart. Thanks everyone for your ideas, there were alot of great ones!:cheers:

Good luck Justin. You already got the car and a great attitude so you have a great start!! Rog :cheers:

-
Back