I have done worse!...We will see?

-

kahuna1949

Reaction score
Ebay

DODGE MOPAR 8.75 RING GEAR NEW 2070898 FORMATE 3.55 WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

9.75 PINION GEAR 3.55 FORMATE 3507397 NEW WORLDWIDE SHIPPING ....yes I saw 9.75

Not sure what I just did but time will tell. I was crusin on ebay just like normal, I see a 3.55 ring gear 2070898 for 23.77 buy it now! I type in the number never got a for sure answer except ring and pinion are match sets so I Thought forget that (here is where the brain plays tricks on me). I will check and see if he has the pinion gear, sure enough he did, so at this point I have 5 minutes to make up my mind and for sure the kid in me pulls the trigger. I sent him a question "what case did it fit, this was when I just knew about the ring gear.....his reply "IT IS NEW" okay I know it doesn't look new. Long story short......too late! I paid $67 for the ring and pinion (shipping included) or boat anchor........To be continued :blob: :eek:ops: Thought I would give ya'll a shot at me.

Those are 8-3/4 gears for a 489 case. The ring gear says 39-11 meaning it's a 3.55 set. Not sure what the 9.75 means on thee pinion cause 9.75 was a Dana and that definitely ain't a Dana pin. Only problem is if their not a matched set you've got yourself a set of paper weights cause gear sets have to be lapped in together as a set or they won't mesh and will scream like a banshee and probably won't last long. Hopefully you just got real lucky cause 3.55 gear sets for a 489 case (their fine spline too which means their the strongest) are the most popular

-
Back