I have front disc brake issue, front spindle mounting bolt hitting sway bar mount on MBM disc brake kit? Need your help

-
Can the nut and bolt be reversed?
The head of the bolt on the outside, and the nut on the inside, rotor side?
Never personally had to do that, but it just might work that way.
Give it a try, nothing to loose.

Yeah thanks for the help all you guys im gonna just cut off the tabs and run an aftermarket hellwig sway bar
why?

all you need the proper bolt and nut-- OEM 73~76 @hemi71x has them, i have them, countless other people here probably have them, junkyards have them.

if you don't already have a factory bar to go with your tabbed LCA's then, yeah, i could see going to an aftermarket set up. but even then, i'd swap LCA's for some non-tabbed and sell the 67~72 units to recoup some coin.

Yes hemi71x said pre 73 used 1/2” bolt not 5/8”
yeah, so which LBJ do you have, and what size are the bolts currently?

the choices are: swap the LBJ to the larger or drill the LBJ to accept the 5/8" bolt or source a shorter/thinner 1/2" bolt.

or ruin a perfectly good set of desireable LCA's and spend a grip of dough on an aftermarket swaybar set up.

That's diameter- I'm talking length.
I have no idea where to find that even dr diff says all abody no matter what year use 5/8” i dont know to believe at this point. 1/2” 5/8” too many people with different knowledge that all oppose each other.

IMG_8005.jpeg

I have no idea where to find that even dr diff says all abody no matter what year use 5/8” i dont know to believe at this point. 1/2” 5/8” too many people with different knowledge that all oppose each other.

View attachment 1716183522
That's because you're mixing up information about '73 and later disc setups, '72 and earlier Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes, and drums...
Get the right hardware for 73 and up factory disc brakes; either from a member, from Dr. Diff, or shorten your own with thinner nuts- and put this to bed. It ain't brain surgery.

early 67~72 use 1/2"
late 73~76 use 5/8"

you could always measure yours to confirm, that would take all the guess work out of it.

this is the problem with mixing and matching of components, even if you know what the parts are there are so many granular details that exist.

That's because you're mixing up information about '73 and later disc setups, '72 and earlier Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes, and drums...
Get the right hardware for 73 and up factory disc brakes; either from a member, from Dr. Diff, or shorten your own with thinner nuts- and put this to bed. It ain't brain surgery.
I will try all these options and get back to everyone

I have no idea where to find that even dr diff says all abody no matter what year use 5/8” i dont know to believe at this point.
That's because you didn't read the entire description- it says:
1703645442143.png

NOT "All A bodies no matter what year".

I have 5x4.5” brakes
your kit was supplied with some generic bolts, that's why they're too long.

these are the ones you need.

unless your LBJ is still 1/2" in which case you'll need to replace them or drill them out and use these bolts or OEM bolts. OR modify the bolts you currently have OR source shorter 1/2" bolts

-
Back