I Have Seen The Future of Chrysler And....

-
Bottom line I guess is that if that little car and the planned revival of Alfa Romeo in America can help Chrysler and Dodge in any way then that is a good thing.

You're comparing apples to oranges. My A-Body is one %$#@ of a lot safer than that piece of cardboard.

If I was worried about "safety" I wouldn't be driving an A-Body?........I'm a LOT safer where I am than in that little T-bag. I'm a good driver, and a defensive one..I trust NO one....that's why I'm still here more than likely.....But I'd have to be a blithering idiot to drive that tiny Tim go-kart in real traffic. :angry7:

You know... you probably aren't as safe as you think you are. Look at this. That 59 chevy is a boat... and it crunches like a can...

I don't know a lot about that fiat... but I'm willing to bet that it would do better in a modern crash test than your A-body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwYBBpHg1I

Take that little Fiat...drop in a hemi and a four speed...install some 10" wide wheels....strap yourself in and have one heck of a good time. Other than a 30 minute joyride, give me my full size Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (Big Horn edition, of course). :salut:

That video makes me sad in a couple of ways. One, if an idiot hits me in my '64...no matter how careful I am driving...and my kids happen to be with me. YIKES! Two...I just hate to see a classic destroyed, even if it is a Chevy.

Sadly Chryslers products have had its ups and downs. they lost their *** producing Cordobas and such rather than following the market with smaller cars. i think FIAT will be the best thing Chrysler has seen in 30 years. i am not talking about the token vehicles like the new Challenger and such. just the crap that they have made otherwise. pt cruiser gets crappy MPG, brakes and rotors don't last. transmissions still are junk. should i go on more? FIAT is looking better and better every day for chrysler.

If you are really concerned about safety then you wouldn't be driving an A-body. A minivan or even a Neon is a lot safer than any A-body unless it's got a full cage and really good 5-point belts. I'm used to these old cars because that's what I've always had but the new cars are really much better in an impact. Did anyone see the new Impala and I think it was a 1960 Impala offset impact video?

Please don't refer to that flawed video ever again. The 59 Impala was a rusted out hulk against a newcar an unfair comparison.

The Fiat 500 competes with the Cooper that all the magazines love. Fiat will likely save Chrysler if they can get rid of the quality stigma and bankrupcy stigma that is currently holding Chrysler back.

The trucks will all be Rams now. No Dodge tags on it anywhere.....Are they going to sell it off to GM? Was that the government's plan?

The new Durango..yes it is coming back as the new WD has Dodge tags, not Ram...I wonder what that means? Makes me think more that the gov't wants to get rid of a truck builder. It will be built at JNAP with the new Grand Cherokee.

Jeep is going more rugged. The cars made into Jeeps are going away.

The mid sized cars will be produced by Fiat.

Alfa Romeo is coming back to the states under the deal.

All small cars are now being produced in Mexico. Ford proved this is the only way they can be profitable..

You know... you probably aren't as safe as you think you are. Look at this. That 59 chevy is a boat... and it crunches like a can...

I don't know a lot about that fiat... but I'm willing to bet that it would do better in a modern crash test than your A-body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xwYBBpHg1I
I hate that video. It is BS! complete and utter BS. Look how much rust comes out from under that Impala! It's a rusted out shell in a crash against a brand newcar

The Fiat 500 competes with the Cooper that all the magazines love. Fiat will likely save Chrysler if they can get rid of the quality stigma and bankrupcy stigma that is currently holding Chrysler back.

The trucks will all be Rams now. No Dodge tags on it anywhere.....Are they going to sell it off to GM? Was that the government's plan?

The new Durango..yes it is coming back as the new WD has Dodge tags, not Ram...I wonder what that means? Makes me think more that the gov't wants to get rid of a truck builder. It will be built at JNAP with the new Grand Cherokee.

Jeep is going more rugged. The cars made into Jeeps are going away.

The mid sized cars will be produced by Fiat.

Alfa Romeo is coming back to the states under the deal.

All small cars are now being produced in Mexico. Ford proved this is the only way they can be profitable..

The last line of your post is true but very sad. The only way we can turn a profit is to build the cars in Mexico. That is the big problem with our country. Manufacturing is dead. What was once the life blood of our great country is now on life support. You being from Michigan surely need no reminder of this. The ripple effect from the loss of manufacturing in the USA has caused irreversible dmagae to our society.

I hate that video. It is BS! complete and utter BS. Look how much rust comes out from under that Impala! It's a rusted out shell in a crash against a brand newcar

Ok, lets just say I agree with you... the dummy in the impala still got launched into the roof and into the dash while the newer car took the impact and the dummy simply fell forward into the airbag. Sorry, but rusty or not... if someone were in that impala... they'd be lucky to get out of that car with a smashed face at BEST, if they got out at all.

I won't argue about it anymore... I'm just saying that we aren't as safe in our old mopars as some people think we are.

You are right about needing no reminder...Since July 2008 I have gone through two plant closings (about 500 employees). Many lives were ruined. I now work for a Chinese owned company making 40% less in the same job title.....All we keep saying in Michigan is "at least we have a job" for the lucky few that actually do. The rest are going to school with tax payers money with the promise they will get a job in health car. Who will be able to pay for health care? I won't get into that debate here. Stop by for a couple of beers and I will give you my opinion on that......Did I mention I am still a Canadian citizen?

You are right about needing no reminder...Since July 2008 I have gone through two plant closings (about 500 employees). Many lives were ruined. I now work for a Chinese owned company making 40% less in the same job title.....All we keep saying in Michigan is "at least we have a job" for the lucky few that actually do. The rest are going to school with tax payers money with the promise they will get a job in health car. Who will be able to pay for health care? I won't get into that debate here. Stop by for a couple of beers and I will give you my opinion on that......Did I mention I am still a Canadian citizen?

Sorry about the rant...political stuff has no place in this site. I will only comment on my obsession for A bodies from now on...Sorry about that!

It is this Fiat. Saw this car in NYC today on my way home from work. A film crew was shooting it for a commercial or promo tape. This is the Fiat 500 which Fiat plans on building in Chrysler's Mexican factory. They then plan on building Alfa Romeo's and then will down size Dodge and then???????

First question; That thang got a Hemi innit?

My comment; Looks like a PT cruiser rear ended a Neon real hard.

They are 55% owned by the Unions, 35% by Fiat and 10% by the Feds. I hope this keeps them going for a while. I once owned a 72 Fiat spyder..what a piece of crap! Maybe Fiat makes a good car now, I sure hope they make it!
!

-
Back