I joined the Club!

-

joeboy

Reaction score
I have been reading, posting questions, and getting it all figured out for a while. I bought a HEMI last week and picked it up yesterday.

It is a 2005 5.7 LX (car), it is brand new, still in the factory crate. It was even cheaper than some of the used stuff I have seen. I am really excited.

My plan is a cam swap, and coil swap, I will keep the pics coming as the parts show up.

Attachments

• P1010389.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 345
  • P1010393.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 350
  • P1010398.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 346
  • P1010396.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 347
Sweet

You will love how smooth that motor is going down the road.

Welcome to the club, hopefully the more members we get, the easier these swaps will be, including parts availability.

Nice pickup. I'm glad to see more and more of us joining this club. We have our own forum too which helps alot.

Riddler

man my motor has 105,000 miles of hard use. It was in my ram that was a daily driver and raced hard on weekends. It saw about 30-40 bottles of nitrous and most were a 150 shot. Must be nice to have a nice new motor. Although I'll have one soon enough. I'm planning a 392 high compression stroker with a 400 shot or a low compression 370 stroker with twin turbos in the future. I just don't know what way to go.

03ramit

That sounds sweet, I really hope ine lasts as long as yours has, but when its done (hopefully a long time from now) I wanna follow in your foot steps with a built one. BOOST ROCKS!

JOE

100k miles is nothing for a hemi. I might pull it apart and replace a few thing in the top end. (valve stem seals and springs) but the bottom ends last a long time. My buddys 05 has almost 200k on it and he sprays a 150 shot and his 4 door truck runs a 12.3 in the 1/4

I don't know of anyone that has worn one out yet. Failed sure but not worn out. The motor I have has a bigger cam and ported and polished heads on it. And when in the truck made about 370 to the wheels with a 28% driveline loss. (thats without nitrous) so that should be about 470-500 at the flywheel. Now add in the 150 shot and it should be in the 620-650 range. So even without big money it can be fairly easy to net 500 hp in the hemi. Something to consider.

I have been reading, posting questions, and getting it all figured out for a while. I bought a HEMI last week and picked it up yesterday.

It is a 2005 5.7 LX (car), it is brand new, still in the factory crate. It was even cheaper than some of the used stuff I have seen. I am really excited.

My plan is a cam swap, and coil swap, I will keep the pics coming as the parts show up.

Where did you get it? Are there more? A website maybe?

I found it on EBAY, it was a dealer that had 5... I found it within a hour of it being posted... I bought one and 2 others where already "spoken for", so I doubt they lasted the day... SORRY!

yeah i just picked mine up today. o5 with 36000 miles on it came with harness al accessaries and computer. from ebay. listed buy it now for $1500.00 with astarting bid of $1000.00. guy had his phone number listed he was 75 miles from me. i called him and said i had $1000.00 in my pocket now. what do you wanna do? he said come and get it.

yeah i just picked mine up today. O5 with 36000 miles on it came with harness al accessaries and computer. From ebay. Listed buy it now for $1500.00 with astarting bid of $1000.00. Guy had his phone number listed he was 75 miles from me. I called him and said i had $1000.00 in my pocket now. What do you wanna do? He said come and get it.

sweet!

-
Back