i just scored a new PCM for my project.

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
a friend of mine called me up and he was really excited. he says, "I have the perfect thing for you!" I said "ooh yeah," Then he said "Yeah we just had a 04 ram 2500 come in with a 5.7 and a manual trans." and he is pulling the PCM and wireing out of it for me. I am excited to get it because i was wondering how well the 5.7 auto trans PCM would work with the motor while not having the trans there for inputs to the PCM. but now i will not have to worry about it as it will not be looking for a trans at all. how sweet of a deal is this? I have been told that the hemi/auto trans Pcm will run the motor just fine without the trans, but I was still a little worred about it. but that is now a thing of the past.

With no input from the trans, the motor goes into limp mode. So a flash to dump the trans is needed, then all is good.

Did you already have an automatic pcm? If so what are your plans to do with it now, any interest in getting rid of it?

yeah I have the auto one still. I'm not gitting rid of anything until I know that the car is up and running. But eventually I'll have it up for sale.

With no input from the trans, the motor goes into limp mode. So a flash to dump the trans is needed, then all is good.

or like for me you can run a manual trans pcm.....that should solve a bunch of problems for me and not having to pay someone to turn off the trans is nice too.

yeah I have the auto one still. I'm not gitting rid of anything until I know that the car is up and running. But eventually I'll have it up for sale.
thats cool, if i havent gotten one by the time your ready to sale it i would be interested.

-
Back