i know i know, not a dodge

-

bayyum

Reaction score
1976 ford d 150 supercab shortbox, 460 (right now) automatic, 8)
so the story starts, back in april my dad and I went to the annual Portland Swap meet, beautiful cars in america, we walk past this ford pickup(mine) thnking nothing of it. but then my dad keeps on walking by it, more and more, then my dad takls to the guy $1800, dad says no way$1400, the guy agree's. then in may we brought the car back:munky2:, nothing has happened since, other than the fuzzy dice. and me finding new exhaust tips =P~=P~=P~, now i just enharetid the truck because i kept calling it "my truck"

pictures are at http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/bayyum/ more in the album "my truck" feel free to ask questions

i would think a ext cab shortbox is rare.
now flip it and buy a mopar!! lol

there are lots up your way. use that ford to go hunting them,

Nice looking truck! My g/f has a '71 Ford F100 4x4 long bed, 4 speed with a 390 in it. Its lifted 4" and runs 35" tires. That things a tank! I have a soft spot for the old ford's though, my grandfather had a '78 F150 that now belongs to my dad. They're good trucks, and still plenty of fun. Not like a an A-bod at all, but still a lot of fun. :-D

71F100.jpg

lol, i will go dodge hunting with my ford :) when i get my liscense, yea my dad has a 1972 f 250 ranger xlt, 410 auto, and my mom has a 1978 ford f 150 ranger lariat 302 auto

It may be a Ford, but they did make a good truck. I built a few of them myself over the years. A 76 Supercab, 55 F-100, 83 Ranger and a 75 standard cab for my father which I don’t have photos of in the computer. I currently have a 92 work truck and a 93 Supercab 4x4 with only 71,000 miles.

76.jpg

P1000151.jpg

ranger.jpg

Ford broke the mold on the '73-'79 pick 'em ups. I, personally, don't think there's ever been a better looking truck built before or since. (And I'm very partial to the Dodges from '72-'93) And when they flipped the headlights and the marker lights in '78 that's what made it even better. But maybe I'm baised...the Ford in the stable is my '78 F250. Grandad bought it new off the lot in Florida and got the 3/4 ton so he wouldn't have to deal with the new for '78 FL emissions laws. He gave it to Pop and now I have it. Third generation in the family and grandad is no longer with us. Besides the memories it's what we have left that was his. I learned to drive in that truck. 300 inline. Three on the tree. Gonna be the first project of the three.

thats soo cool:) i think everyone here knows ford outperformed dodge for trucks in the 1970's :)

thats soo cool:) i think everyone here knows ford outperformed dodge for trucks in the 1970's :)

Maybe in style but when it came to the FE motors all I have are 3 words for you...LEAKY ROPE SEAL!!!! If you have an FE motor in your truck it is easier and quicker just to pull the motor and replace that POS rope seal with a new rubber one. You will never get it all out of there good enough with the motor still in the truck.

www.fordification.com is FABO but for 67-72 Ford trucks!

I still got the motor it will go with the truck for $9800 obo or I will keep it and drop in a gutted rebuildable 360/727 and sell it for $7500 obo. If I keep the motor it will get shoved in the back of the garage until I come across something I like. In the mean time I need to get a free day and make the truck look like a truck again so I can get rid of it and buy this.....

:snakeman: I know I'm a sick bastard but I want it more than I want the truck! I want a daily driver that I can mess with while I drive it!

ajs car 002 (Small).jpg

ajs car 001 (Small).jpg

ajs car 006 (Small).jpg

ajs car 009 (Small).jpg

my grat uncle has a white supercab shortbed like that with a missmatched 351C/351M/400 motor in it, Ive had a soft spot for 48-52 and 61-77 Ford trucks as well. heres my dads, as you can tell hes a ford guy and of course has had FE fever from the gitgo. about a year ago he got a 12.94@106 with a well built but streetable 428. its back to being a driver now. 352, with bolt-ons, and a 390GT/428CJ cam. aluminum grille and chrome bumpers are on the way back on

l_4c209b6adabe5c8581de7d73e7de83cc.jpg

l_154c2bda1f5b157ff9a37796f505a6cd.jpg

l_b00baf1cd74d0df5de2dbe7653265056.jpg

l_d3656695f029ac99024a232190818645.jpg

We have a thing for older Fords as well. We had a 1979 Ford Bronco with 33's, 4-speed, 351 modified, that was a beast. Now of course it's a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.9 / auto, 8 inch total lift with 37in Swamper SSR's. She's paid for and draws attention and comments everywhere I go on an almost daily basis. Many soldiers here at Ft Hood are envious!

100_8226.jpg

so, me and dad are moving it to beside the shop tomorrow, then im going to strip the interior, pull the engine and tranny, and spray paint the engine bay.. this will be done over a couple of weeks

my daily driver ( after I totaled 2 dodge trucks in 2 weeks from hitting deer) is a 89 f150, the pos can't get out of it's own way:angry7: 89000 original miles, 300 6cly 5 speed, and no mater how much I beat on it, 60 mph is the top speed, if I'm not hitting a headwind:angry7: the only reason I own it was I needed a truck and I figured if I had something I could give a **** less about I'd never hit a deer in it:thebirdm: that and the low miles and rust free body, I think I'll pull the 6 and toss in a 318:cheers:......... naw I wouldn't do that to a dodge engine:bootysha:

my daily driver ( after I totaled 2 dodge trucks in 2 weeks from hitting deer) is a 89 f150, the pos can't get out of it's own way:angry7: 89000 original miles, 300 6cly 5 speed, and no mater how much I beat on it, 60 mph is the top speed, if I'm not hitting a headwind:angry7: the only reason I own it was I needed a truck and I figured if I had something I could give a **** less about I'd never hit a deer in it:thebirdm: that and the low miles and rust free body, I think I'll pull the 6 and toss in a 318:cheers:......... naw I wouldn't do that to a dodge engine:bootysha:

Build that 300! Can you say 400+ ft/lbs of torque at around 3000-3500 rpm. Dump the EFI head, get an older one on there, and '89 should already have the 3-1 split exhaust manifolds. Get yourself some 352 pistons in it to bring compression up to something liveable and throw the EEC ignition system as far as you can toss it!

I can only assume that you're exaggerating, or there's something seriously wrong with your '89.. My daily driver is a '92, w/ 262k 300 six coupled to a 4x4/ auto tranny that slips like an epileptic jello wrestler; she's been abused her entire life and "poorly maintained" would be putting it mildly- and I've had her chuffing along at 90 mph several times.

I also was not looking for a Ford when I got ol' Kathleen- but '80s vintage Rams w/ slant sixes that aren't forever relegated to "yard truck" status are hard to find up here, especially within the three-figure budget I had. This old girl has been very reliable, though- I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

92F1503.jpg

last years truck project; 75 f-100, this years; 1949 f-1. i hope ma will forgive my transgressions.

last bunch 039.jpg

last bunch 024.jpg

last bunch 042.jpg

larry atkins 1973 ford f100 168.jpg

Copy of last bunch 004.jpg

randall smith's 1949 ford f-1 004.jpg

randall smith's 1949 ford f-1 007.jpg

randall smith's 1949 ford f-1 193.jpg

randall smith's 1949 ford f-1 298.jpg

randall smith's 1949 ford f-1 358.jpg

I can only assume that you're exaggerating, or there's something seriously wrong with your '89.. My daily driver is a '92, w/ 262k 300 six coupled to a 4x4/ auto tranny that slips like an epileptic jello wrestler; she's been abused her entire life and "poorly maintained" would be putting it mildly- and I've had her chuffing along at 90 mph several times

nope it's true truck won't go over 60, starts great, no smoke or leaks, it's just dead on it's *** in the power department, hell it may have a governor on it, as it was a dept of defense truck,:-k thats why it has low miles, but I'm not going to do anything but drive it to work and back and do routine maintance on it, thats all the cash I'll be spending on it:-D

-
Back