I know it is a ford but......

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
was flipping thru car craft and seen something about Jon Kaase and his Boss 429 Head flowing 409 cfm on a Superflow bench. Went hunting around and found this....

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116168

maybe I am misreading the dyno chart, made over 900 horse and 700 ft/lbs, single carb with 10.9 compression ratio and it is only 521 cubes.

Hmmm...

Now whats the most power been made by a street hemi?
Naturally aspirated?
And on pump fuel.

It would probably have to be one of those 632's...
THere was one in nz making very close to 1000hp.
Have to chase it up.

THat ford motor is very impressive....

if my memory is correct the BOSS 429 is actually a hemi head

Drove one at Mecum Auction, talked to owner, Ford or not, one hell of a MUSCLE CAR

I like them all and had most, but prefer my MOPARS

The Boss 429 in race form was one awesome engine even if it's not a Mopar. It didn't have much of a street name because the huge port heads didn't work well at all with the anemic cam they put in street cars. I can believe a 521 cubic inch Boss engine made 900 hp. Just look at the huge amount of air flow those heads produced.

was flipping thru car craft and seen something about Jon Kaase and his Boss 429 Head flowing 409 cfm on a Superflow bench. Went hunting around and found this....

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116168

maybe I am misreading the dyno chart, made over 900 horse and 700 ft/lbs, single carb with 10.9 compression ratio and it is only 521 cubes.

Doug, you know at the end of the day it's still a FORD!

Barton's site is down. Gotta believe if anyone out there is doing this with an Elephant he will or has. Just because we can't find a dyno slip on one doesn't mean it hasn't been done yet.

The Boss 429 in race form was one awesome engine even if it's not a Mopar. It didn't have much of a street name because the huge port heads didn't work well at all with the anemic cam they put in street cars.

You have to admit though, it's funny because even though people will go oooh and ahhhh when they hear "Boss 429".....it's almost based on nothing as far as reputation, legend etc....not like the Hemi....which also suffered on the street for it's design. But yeah, those port sizes are insane. I thought I heard these engines can be bored and stroked up over 600 inches....don't know if that's true or not.

655ci and a dual quad, lol.

They do have a race fuel 572ci that pumps out 930hp. Don't forget that John Kasse is a very, very knowledgeable engine builder and just because he can do it on his dyno doesn't mean that everyone can. These engines from Indy are crate motors.

-
Back