I KNOW it's original but........Seriously Dude, HOW MUCH!?

-
I know a guy that knows a guy that knows a girl that moonlights as a fairy and sells dust to make objects worth alot! Think she has a facebook page!

That guy is on alot of drugs if you ask me.

First of all-

List it correctly.

Is it for a 72 Demon or a Dart Sport?

...and no, it's not a 70 or 71.

I paid $50 for one 3 years ago, but $250-$500 (if it's REAL nice) is more realistic.

Made in Bogota of a hollow shell packed with Columbian fairy dust...

I was looking for one a couple years ago to cover the enormous hole that a po had cut in the hood, plus I do like the way it looks.
I came across two or three oem used ones that were in the $600.00 range, but I only paid $800.00 for the damn car, so that was a hard NO!
I finally found a good used repop one, couple of minor things wrong with it, but I packaged it with a pair of chrome sport mirrors and a new in box carpet for $300.00 for everything. It has a couple of chips and some scratches but I don't care about that, it suits the car better with the blemishes.
20190331_133543.jpg
20200911_211750.jpg

There are some people that would pay that and more for a nice one. I have one of each year left and it would take a lot to part with them.

They only made so many of them and they are 50 years old. If you are restoring a 72 or 73 and had the cash for a perfect part that your car needs . What would you do.? To some time means more then money. There are items I have that are not for sale unless the offer is worth the money and time it took to save it and store it.

OEM spoilers the same thing sure they make repops but they sag in the sun. AMD bumpers half the thickness, Painted mirrors and 71 gas caps like gold. Demon tail lights name your price. I paid $450 each and don't need them.

A year or so ago I sold one of these in perfect shape with a very nice hood still bolted to it for something like 450. Nobody wanted it, I needed the room.

There are some people that would pay that and more for a nice one. I have one of each year left and it would take a lot to part with them.

They only made so many of them and they are 50 years old. If you are restoring a 72 or 73 and had the cash for a perfect part that your car needs . What would you do.? To some time means more then money. There are items I have that are not for sale unless the offer is worth the money and time it took to save it and store it.

OEM spoilers the same thing sure they make repops but they sag in the sun. AMD bumpers half the thickness, Painted mirrors and 71 gas caps like gold. Demon tail lights name your price. I paid $450 each and don't need them.
I have a original 73 340 sport in absolute prestige condition it is a nos scoop never mounted with a receipt of 12 05 73 I would sell for 950.00

Is it true that the dual snorkel scoop was never a factory option on a DUSTER? Just the “raisin bran” 2 scoops were?

Wife to husband…sell some that junk in the garage!!!…husband (not wanting to sell his parts) to wife….I’m trying, I’m trying

It doesn’t even come with free shipping for that price? You’d think that it comes with a month long around the world trip.

It does say make an offer. Price it high you never know. I was told that by a man I met at Carlisle. Its works for him.

I collect Tonkas One year ago I bought a couple "Big Mikes" for average price of $400.

One year later. and this is what they are selling for.. click on the link just sold but I was watching it. Old sought after items do not decrease in price. Money is tight for some and the people with money are buying items up. I can't blame him for trying.
1957~TONKA BIG MIKE~STATE HIWAY DEPT~DUAL HYDRAULIC DUMP TRUCK WITH PLOW | eBay

100_0136.JPG

100_0137.JPG

100_0138.JPG

100_0139.JPG

100_0134.JPG

100_0135.JPG

I collect Tonkas One year ago I bought a couple "Big Mikes" for average price of $400.

One year later. and this is what they are selling for.. click on the link just sold but I was watching it. Old sought after items do not decrease in price. Money is tight for some and the people with money are buying items up. I can't blame him for trying.
1957~TONKA BIG MIKE~STATE HIWAY DEPT~DUAL HYDRAULIC DUMP TRUCK WITH PLOW | eBay

View attachment 1715897929

View attachment 1715897930

View attachment 1715897931

View attachment 1715897932

View attachment 1715897934

View attachment 1715897935

I grew up in Minnetonka Minnesota so I had most of those old Tonka trucks .

-
Back