I like fruitcake

Do you like fruitcake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Anyone else like it with a little brandy poured on it? Or just plain?

I know, I know. What's with people who think fruit cake is a joke. I build a killer fruit cake and make it several ways. I like a brandy sauce, lemon sauce, cherry/plum sauce like the Chinese food sauce, and so many other type sauces to pour. However, plain is just right as well. I made a fruit cake once with some high quality rum, but not too much, and it was eaten before anything else so quick, folks were asking for more after supper.

But you haven't had anything yet until you've had my BBQ and or smoked meats with a little single malt on the side

I love fruitcake, I don't know why the stuff gets such a bad rap/name, cause it's really tasty.

I look forward to the holidays for that one reason, that and Egg Nog too :glasses7:

Never have liked it....but couldnt eat if I wanted to...I am not supposed to eat sugary foods since I had weight loss surgery....and havent had any caffeine or sugar since september of 2010....but have lost close to 200 pounds and only a few to go till I am at my goal.....Merry Christmas

I like the old Claxton traditional fruit cakes. Brandy or no, they are pretty good.

My mother used to make fruit cake every year. It was delicious and loaded with fruit of all kinds. She wrapped the cakes in cheese cloth and would soak the cheese cloth with brandy. The cakes would stay like this at room temperature and she would keep the cloth soaked from Thanksgiving until Christmas. At Christmas time she would unwrap the fruitcakes and put them out for guests then she would wring out the cheesecloths and drink the brandy. Momma was a tough old gal. It's a wonder I'm not an alcoholic.

Not me, coconut has been known to hide in it, it makes for good Varment bait :thumbrig:

Mike you don't like coconut? I wouldn't want to live without a good almond joy now and then.

I helped my Mom make fruitcake for almost 30 years...got hooked on it ...LOVE IT..never ever saw any coconut in there?? dried fruit and spices MMMM then soaked in wine or brandy for 3 days.....FREEKEN AWESOME!!! miss it in a big way....

y'all who don't like em feel free to ship em my way..... unless ya got deadly allergy's.... turning yer nose up at ANY food just means you got your way as a child a bit too often....US POST WW II babies KNOW you eat what yer given and be grateful to have it... hockey puck wheel CHOCK, y'all were "spoiled" Fruitcake is damn good eatin and takes a boatload of effort to make one right..... better hide those fruitcakes in the fruit cellar....this government keeps hackin at the economy they may just come in mighty handy real soon!!!

Yep, anyone gets a fruitcake they don't want I will pay postage if you send it to me. I can't find anything but the little fruitcake loaves

never have liked it....but couldnt eat if i wanted to...i am not supposed to eat sugary foods since i had weight loss surgery....and havent had any caffeine or sugar since september of 2010....but have lost close to 200 pounds and only a few to go till i am at my goal.....merry christmas

congrats dude!

my grandmother would make fruitcake every year I HATED IT! YUK still do to this day
every year I would ask her to make me one without the fruit in it, it is the fruit in it that I HATE! the cake looks good though
she never did make me a fruitless fruitcake

Yep, anyone gets a fruitcake they don't want I will pay postage if you send it to me. I can't find anything but the little fruitcake loaves

My neighbor used to make really good deserts and we used to get a big batch of assorted goodies every year but I hate fruit cakes. Her husbands health is failing so I don't expect to get one but if I do it is yours.

Never have liked it....but couldnt eat if I wanted to...I am not supposed to eat sugary foods since I had weight loss surgery....and havent had any caffeine or sugar since september of 2010....but have lost close to 200 pounds and only a few to go till I am at my goal.....Merry Christmas

WOW......Congrads my friend, you should be very proud. Lots of people talk about loosing weight and even tho you had surgery to "kick start" the race to live the determination to "stick with it" and change your lifestyle is all you. Enjoy the holidays...........you earned it.

Jim

-
Back