I made a temporary chat solution come and chat!

-
I tried for 30 minutes. Caint make it happen.

holy crap, I don't think I've used IRC since 2005 or so. It's gonna take me a bit to remember the dos style commands and whatnot

Am I not doing this right? I can type and what i typed shows up, but i get this "[18:40:52] You need voice (+v) (#FABO)"

Am I not doing this right? I can type and what i typed shows up, but i get this "[18:40:52] You need voice (+v) (#FABO)"

Old school IRC right there, on private channels +v (voice) has to be enabled/appointed by an OP (usually the creator of the channel, though assistants could be appointed if I remember correctly)

I don't remember half the stuff I used to know about IRC.

EDIT :

Wait, it's coming back to me. People with + have voice, people with @ are OP's or assistant OP's. And BOTS (just a program serving as a user) can be created as an OP to do various things in the room in the absence of a human OP, such as appointing +v

Old school IRC right there, on private channels +v (voice) has to be enabled/appointed by an OP (usually the creator of the channel, though assistants could be appointed if I remember correctly) I don't remember half the stuff I used to know about IRC. EDIT : Wait, it's coming back to me. People with + have voice, people with @ are OP's or assistant OP's. And BOTS (just a program serving as a user) can be created as an OP to do various things in the room in the absence of a human OP, such as appointing +v
in English please? My wife's the computer geek

its not working now

all I get is: You need voice (+v) (#FABO)

after I type something and either no one is talking or something is wrong

in English please? My wife's the computer geek

It means Asa needs to wake up and type "/mode #FABO +v MoparDaddy" (without the " ") so you can talk. Without the +v, nothing you type will show up in the chat.

or /mode #FABO +v Dusted74

just change the name after the "+v" to apply to each member of the chat.

-v removes voice, +b bans someone, I could go on for a long time. IRC is a lot like using MS DOS (Remember DOS?)

EDIT : If you type the command I mentioned, it won't do anything. Asa / Dart Doctor has to do it, since he's the only OP (@) in the chat room at the moment.

It means Asa needs to wake up and type "/mode #FABO +v MoparDaddy" (without the " ") so you can talk. Without the +v, nothing you type will show up in the chat. or /mode #FABO +v Dusted74 just change the name after the "+v" to apply to each member of the chat. -v removes voice, +b bans someone, I could go on for a long time. IRC is a lot like using MS DOS (Remember DOS?)
gotcha

It means Asa needs to wake up and type "/mode #FABO +v MoparDaddy" (without the " ") so you can talk. Without the +v, nothing you type will show up in the chat.

or /mode #FABO +v Dusted74

just change the name after the "+v" to apply to each member of the chat.

-v removes voice, +b bans someone, I could go on for a long time. IRC is a lot like using MS DOS (Remember DOS?)

Or Asa is doing that to everyone

-
Back