-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I messed up and put in a 64 Dart 2DR 225 radiator in my 65 Valiant 4DR. The thing is like 2 inches too short. I thought it would fit so I grabbed it before the car was crushed. It's a useable radiator for the right car. It only bolts up to one side on my car and the lower hose is too close to the frame and leaks at the bottom of the connection because it doesn't fit right. Does anyone have a 65 Valiant 4DR automatic trans radiator? I will trade this one if anyone needs it.

I never heard there was a difference between the two, one car must have had the wrong one to begin with.

Wouldn't there be a difference in 2DR and 4DR? The 64 Dart I got the radiator out of was a 2DR. My Valiant is a 4DR. I know there is like an 18" and 22" but I didn't know there was two different sizes in that year. The earliest aftermarket radiator I see is for a 67 Valiant which offers the 18" and 22". Should a aftermarket radiator for a 67 Valiant fit in a 65? The mounting brackets go all the way down on the aftermarket instead of stopping more than halfway down. I could get this radiator to fit but it will look kinda goofy but the lower hose is correct but it's hard to get it sealed against the bottom outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back