I Need Help, Any Recommendations Please

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of having my windshield and back glass on my 68 Barracuda notchback removed and reinstalled, I will be changing both weatherstrips of new, what does everyone recommend to use for sealant in conjuction with the weatherstrip to ensure 100% leak free windows. I've read posts in the past where members have mentioned to avoid using urethane, others have suggested using Butyl, others mentioned a product from 3M. I need something that is a sure thing or has been the most successful for you guys. I really don't want to extract my glass anymore.

Any suggestions, anybody?

The problem is the pros already did it and a different set of pros are doing it once again, keep in mind being a 43 year old car alot of them are not familiar with these types of vehicles, also what may have worked for the car initially on the assembly line with just the weatherstrip and glass being installed and nothing else being added no longer applies because of the age of the car. I would please like suggestions inregards to what is the best sealant to be used in conjuction with the rubber weatherstrip, this way I can inform the individuals doing the glass this is what I want. I'm sure there is many others on here that have already gone through this bullshit with the glass on their vehicles. Someone must have had success with some type of sealant, some guidance would be much appreciated, thank you.

-
Back