i need help w/duster engine

-
Nope mate :).. no directions to anyone.. simply just that even j, x and magnums need some modifications to lift that much.. mmmm

as usual it seems like i havent read the whole story :p if u say your heads flow after .600+ .. ok ive done something like this before.. first thing you do:

remove springs on the 1" int + exh valves, mount a dial indicator be sure it goes straight angle with the int valve (if u have a test spring add it at this time) replace the retainer and measure the how big ur valve stroke is.. (leave piston at bdc ) when u have the stroke on both valves noted and its over ur cam specs (use the 1.5 or 1.6 rockers?).

next u do: turn engine to tdc, mount the degree wheel on. now u drop the inntake valve onto the piston, how far is this? note it. now u rotate the crank, note the distance every 1 or 2 crank degrees.. do this for both valves be careful do not rotate the crank so the valves go upwards (they may lock up in the notches) now u have made urself a profile of the valve distance per crank degree.. now u can just do some math with the degree sheet from the cam u want to buy and see if u are ok.. i have done this myself and it worked out great. (most rollercams comes with the springpressure noted so u just buy the best/closest springs u get. (i glued on valve stem caps with locktite to have the rocker just a bit away from the retainer, after a machined away what i could.

sorry for the miss reading :)

Even so I totally agree with Guitar Jones and Cheap street! I believe you have enough resources, ( Both yourself and your family) to figure out the next step up in ET! I personally would suggest heads! But then this thread will never end!

Guitar got so far over my head; gonna have to spend a day re-reading.
But, I'm a clay guy. If you move the center-line; all clearances change.
Trial and error. Moving center-lines is a science. Depends on the whole car set-up; changing rear end, tires, will throw it off. A different carb will want a different center-line.

Hi Mopar Milissa. Before You Change Anything. Are You Running 1/8 Or 1/4 Mile . What Are Your 60 Ft. And 660 Ft Times And Mph. Tell Us What Your Total Setup Is? Trans /converter/ Rear End And Gears Springs And Shocks, Brand Of Tires And Size? What Is On Eng. What Kind Of Water Pump And So On. What Carb And Center Body. Weight Of Car . If All You Do Is Change Cam You Might Gain .2 To .4 Sec. Or Might Lose Some. Not Worth The Money You Will Spend. Remember Every 100 Lbs Is Worth A .1 Sec. Bigger Ft Print On Track Will Lower Your 60ft. And If You Are Running 1/8 Mile, 488 Or 513 Gears Are What You Want. 31x10.5x15 Slicks Around 8 Lbs Press. The Way It Looks The Head Won't Flow What That Big Cam Is Going To Ask For, Hope We Can Help I Have 50 Yrs Of Expr. And Owned A Drag Strip. Drove And Bilt Cars From StoCk Classes To Funnie Car. Thank You For Your Attn. Gary.:wav:

-
Back