I need HELP!

-

spacewelder

Reaction score
OK, I have a 74 dart that came with a ford 9 inch rear end. It has air shocks and 6.50 gears. It was used for the 1/8 mile. I am going to replace the gears with something in the high 3 low 4's. I need to know what else to do with it. By this I mean do I put ladder bars on, old school traction bars ,a sway bar or what? The 9 inch is a Dana and the gears are Richmonds. I was thinking of adding a sway bar. I just can't make up my mind. This car will be for street use and just cruisin'. The trans is a 727 and the engine is a 318 stroked out to a 390. I don't have a ton of money to spend and I can fab just about anything. Just give me some ideas guys as I am having a hard time choosing what to do. I know many of you are racers and have way more experience than me. This is my first mopar and I want to do it right. I am a recent convert from chevy and I will never go back!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

You are saying that the rear is a ford 9" and then you are calling it a 9" dana.

You got any pictures of what you are working on?

For street use and just cruising sway bar , get rid of the air shocks , get a set of KYB if money is tight . Traction bars , ladder bars ? Don't think they are any use , frame connectors is something that will help and you can fab them up if you have the skills , a few threads on home built frame connectors .
A set of 3:55-3:73 will give you good pull on the street and won't rev to much on the highway .
Now that is all if the car is for street cruising

I stand corrected. As I was writing I was thinking about a Dana 60 rear. I have the old "N" series 9". jerry6, thanks for the info. I think I am going to go that way. Sub-frame and sway bar. Unless anyone has a better idea.

If you click on my link below "triangulated 4 link & minitub", I show how I made my Subframe connectors and Torque boxes along with alot of other stuff.

-
Back