I need instructions on removing dash on a 65 Valiant

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Removing the dash on this Valiant looks stupid. It looks like the windshield has to be removed. I mainly needed to get the speaker out but it looks like it's screwed in from the top. But there's no top, it all looks like a one piece metal dash. I wouldn't mind taking out the whole dash with the gauge cluster, switches, heater controls, and wiring harness all in so I can go through the wiring and check it all. I also need to patch the radio area where the previous owner cut it too large. I would also like to repaint it. I already removed the two side screws and the heater box. But it looks like the dash is screwed in at the top all along the windshield. My windshield is already cracked a little, so I know it has to come out. But I don't even know if a new one is available. Does it have to come out to remove the dash or is there another way? If I don't have to remove it, I don't want to because I could go through the little wiring there is and probably even put in a patch opening for the radio support.

You can get the speaker out if you get underneath there and move the heater hoses. PM 55redneck. He will help you. He is a very nice guy and he just did that same thing.

-
Back