I need some advice!

-

jrcr_15

Reaction score
My '72 Duster was once a race car, and I've kept the pro street look on it, it has all the frame work done, so it should go nicely with it. I'm thinking of building a new 340 for my car, I have the following ideas in mind... :book:

- 4 bolt main, racing block
- stoker kit, forged crank, rods etc.
- Low compression pistons
- top it off with a supercharger

I wanna keep it a small block, mainly because I all the parts, and I wanna keep this under $10 000. I've never built a supercharged motor, nor a stoker, so I was wondering if any of you guys could help me, how much would it cost? how much hp would it put out? Leave some replies it would be appreciated! thanks :thumblef:

you can easily build a 500hp stroker small block. With a s/c 600 shouldnt be to hard. The hard part will be your budget. A new R3 block will be around $2000 and the S/C kits are around $3500, thats half the buget there.

I assume you are refering to a 6-71 with dual fours on top. you will need the best of everything to make it live, but you can get well over 800 hp out of one of these, not real drivable on the street tho.....and i dont think 10k will come close...we have a real good blower motor builder in buffalo ny, jim oddy, hes done big puffers for years, this guy is good if your interested....not cheap but good...

-
Back