i need some big parts shipped

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
i have a complete 70 dart front clip,trunklid,rear bumper,and interior items i bought off craigs list for a good price($150.00)and i need it all shipped here to me.The parts are in ok,im in nc,front clip is still bolted together,so i need advice,suggestions,what ever ya got,thanks!

Id at least try posting a Craigslist ad for OK asking for shipping help from there to NC. I have a friend that has done that when he has bought parts far away and has had really good luck.

I had a hood shipped to me once, it came by Greyhound. Right, on the bus. Relatively cheap and got here pretty quick. The only downside was I had to go down to a Greyhound station to pick it up.

You can always call my pal Tyler Sheff. He owns FairPricedShipping.com and will give you a killer deal on heavy, bulky parts.

Tyler Sheff
FairPricedShipping.com
1-888-762-7158
Ext. #701

Good luck with the transport!!!

I just shipped a Dart hood from Co. to NJ. via Forward Air for $91.00. Got there within 7 days.

Jim

67 under hood pics 010.jpg

I'm confused about Greyhound. I keep hearing folks talk about sending stuff like hoods and deck lids on a bus, but this is what I found on their website:

SIZE: Packages will be accepted for transportation, provided the dimensions
of the package are within 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches.

The width easily fits within the 82" limit, but the 47" dimension is the one that kills the deal, as far as I can see - Duster hoods are longer than that. Can anyone explain?

SB, what do you mean by "terminal to terminal"?

Jerry

Sport: You have to take it to the trucking terminal of your choice crated up and then it needs to go to a truck terminal on the other end or a facility that handles freight from a loading dock where you would pick it up. Door to door can get costly. I've got a buddy that does me good on shipping stuff. ie; 500 lb sprayer from Iron Mt, Mi to West Plains, Mo. for $108. ie; 413 motor from Iowa to me for $83. Check with Leannas buddy. She would know.

When I lived in Montana, the local Greyhound station would not take any large packages, but the local one where I am now does. The guy at our terminal here says that as long as it will fit under the bus, they will ship it. But he also said that there is no estimate of shipping time, since the luggage goes in first, and if your stuff won't fit after that, it waits at the terminal until it does.

try uship.com, you name your price. People have anything from animals to bedroom sets set across the country. I just had a motorcycle delivered from Northern OH to St Louis Mo for 250 bucks, and it only took 2 days to get shippers to make offers in the 250 range and i got a couple

-
Back