I need to go fishing.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
This weekend i went on a little vacation with the women. We rented a little house in Monterey. It was beautiful. We were walking around and a customer was texting me non stop, even tho he knew i was out of town.

Long story short i said something i shouldn't have and well i think it just cost me a fair amout of money.

Now today back at the shop im just struggling to fix a simple wiring issue.

All day today i could feel the solution is right there but i just cant see it. Its like there's a fog. I feel like the answer to why this wiring dont work is right in front of me but i cant see it.... I think i just need to relax.

I think im gonna take tomorrow off and sit by the lake, drink some cold beer, listen to some good ole country music and relax...

Remember folks, loose lips sink ships.
If you dont have anything nice to say, keep your mouth closed...

It's best to bite your tongue when dealing with customers.
It's better to tell them what they want to hear and a little of what you know.
Grab the beer and the gear and go to the lake. Leave work behind for a day.

I apologise before i let them know im not working and will answer questions when i return.
All of my customers, not just some think im available 24/7.
Some i reply,stating im not in my office, others get no reply until im back at work.

the way after hours ones,like 10 pm texts get warned. Repeat offenders get fired on the spot.
i never answer calls on weekends,unless its a preferred customer.

You need “me time” .without it, all this work is pointless.

? Do you really want to work for someone who treads on your free time

Trust me i know.
Im not a mechanic and a carpenter beacuse im good with people. I like to think im real good at a lot of things but dealing with people aint one of em.....

The hard learned lessons are the ones we remember tho aint they...

I ran my own auto upholstery business for many years. The biggest trick I learned is to only respond to inquires and forced conversation when I chose...and not respond when it first happened.

Text me at 10 pm, fine. But I won’t respond until tomorrow when I have the time...maybe. It might be a day or two later depending on MY schedule.

I apply the same approach to work email now that I am in the Pharmaceutical business. An email is just a note...not a command.

I will respond when and why I choose to.

When I was still working, and would get calls, or texts like that, I just ignored them. When I was ready to answer, I would apologize because I was at the lake, and had no service. My employees, and the few customers that had my cell number, were aware that I actually did have a friend whos lake house I would use, that didn't get a signal. It always worked.

I've been fired from probably 80% of my jobs if I didn't walk off first! I work for myself and that's the best way. generally I work with my customers so we're clear of how things went and how things are going to go before I leave. I haven't got to the point to where I'm overwhelmed with customers or anything like that. I did have a customer get out of line with a text messaging and the worst part is it was a Mopar customer. But he shot himself in the foot and now he doesn't have my help..
You're a smart guy you've learned your lesson and you also learned how it made you feel. Not too worried take a day off brush it off and you won't let it happen again.. you will learn more lessons I'm sure. This is my second or third business and I always learn lessons and they always cost me, but I didn't do it again..
Remember it was just a lesson learned and you will always learn more...

Went ice fishing 2 weeks ago 4 of us.1st time for me in 20 years. I fish all the time spring and summer 16' tin boat. Best stress reliever going. Side by side with tracks in 2nd pic was what hauled us.out to hut. Pricey....$45k CDN

20200209_075101.jpg

20200209_075108.jpg

I've been dealing with customers who I rely on for my livelihood for 46 years. I learned about ten years in that one does not want them all. I sorted them out by how I priced my services. I eventually became just too expensive for the ones I didn't want. That said there were about four or five that I told they would have to find someone else because I wouldn't work for them again. Shake it off and move on ----------

I've been dealing with customers who I rely on for my livelihood for 46 years. I learned about ten years in that one does not want them all. I sorted them out by how I priced my services. I eventually became just too expensive for the ones I didn't want. That said there were about four or five that I told they would have to find someone else because I wouldn't work for them again. Shake it off and move on ----------
Been there.
Some never made it in my door. All it took was a phone conversation.

Any customer that is texting you non stop when they know you are on vacation does not respect you or value you, they should be accorded the same. Those are the customers that demand the most of your time and energy and contribute the least to your bottom line. In the end, time with your family or time alone to decompress are your most valuable commodities.

just because instant communication is possible does not mean it is necessary.

you are missing out on 50% of the advantage of electronic mail and messaging if you choose not to communicate at both parties convenience.

Maybe you can find a nice bass tournament to enter...

Had me some walleye last night.

Haven't had that since I lived in OH.

-
Back