I need to know if a 8 1/4 rear end has

-

MY68/6GT

Reaction score
or comes in a 5x4 bolt pattern and if so what models do i need to be looking for in the salvage yards ...thanks, craig

8 3/4 even better . what model do i need to be looking for to switch the 7 1/4 in my 68dart .gonna have 275 to 300 hp in the /6 and need more a## in the rear end

8 3/4 even better . what model do i need to be looking for to switch the 7 1/4 in my 68dart .gonna have 275 to 300 hp in the /6 and need more a## in the rear end

Any A-body 8 3/4 rear end will do (from '67 to '72). Although they are not laying around in wrecking yards like they once were.... You will probably see more 7 1/4 and 8 1/4 a-body rear ends before coming across an 8 3/4.

looked at some yesterday
Any A-body 8 3/4 rear end will do (from '67 to '72). Although they are not laying around in wrecking yards like they once were.... You will probably see more 7 1/4 and 8 1/4 a-body rear ends before coming across an 8 3/4.

You'll need to shorten or replace your driveshaft when you swap. If the donor car has the same transmission as yours, get the driveshaft from it. Make sure you get the shock mounts and hopefully the u-bolts and nuts when you get the axle. Get the whole schmoo from drum to drum, and it'll make your life easier. Maybe even steal the springs while you're at it. It might be a lot easier to unbolt the springs, brake line, shocks, and brake cables and take the whole assembly than unbolting the u-bolts.

-
Back