I need to rant!

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I got my tax return back last week and after paying some bills i decided to order some parts for my Duster from thePaddock.
I ordered a rubber grease boot kit for the front suspension,stainless steel brake lines and the brake hoses,i don't need this stuff right now but i figured i would get it so i have it when i'm ready for it.
Anyhow i got a letter in the mail from them stating the amount for the grease boot kit in the book was a misprint,the price listed $49.95(which i thought was high but i needed it!)
They then quote me the correct price $249.95 :shock: :shock: :shock: and they said they wanted me to send the rest of the money before they would process my order!
So i called them today and not in the nicest way told them to shove there F---IN grease boots cancel my order and send my money back! :evil:

They are freakin nuts wanting that much for grease boots i can get an entire front-end rebuild kit for less than that!

Ok, i'm done now just needed to vent my frustration. :D

that IS nuts. buy the whole kit :) then you'll have any back up parts you may need, AND the grease boots :)
or you order it, and keep the grease boots, then send me the ball joints, cuz i need some :wink:
j/k
thats stupid, thats why i threw out my paddock catalog, the parts were way overpriced.

R/T Magnum said:
You did the right thing :salut:

Yup. Vote with your wallet. There must have been a mistake on their part with that price, but for not looking into it fully (or just charging that much....) would sour me too. $259? Yeowza.... :shock:

AdamR said:
http://www.espo.com/
They have polly kits for $55. Give them a call.

Have you ever seen the way th poly boots are made?
There is no steel ring that locks on the sockets they just kinda push up against them with no real protection of keeping dirt,water etc. out!

I used them on my Scamp when i rebuilt the front suspension and after i seen the way they were i wish i wouldn't have used them.
Eventually i'm gonna tear it apart and redo it with rubber grease boots.

I bought from Paddock before but after this experience i don't think i ever will again!
I'll have to check Year1 and see what they have.ESPO doesn't carry the rubber grease boots they were the first place i checked.

-
Back