I need your 80's clothes!

-

buffoni88

Reaction score
Ok, weird request, I'm aware of this! My wife, daughter and I are doing an 80's theme for Halloween, and I"m trying to put together an outfit. I want some old school high-tops (preferrably Reebok's), some acid washed jeans, a mopar jacket or jacket I can iron a patch on, and whatever else you can think of. If you have some of this stuff (which I know some of you do!), that you're willing to part with, I'm interested! I can paypal you some money, or money order, whichever you prefer, but I need it soon. Post pictures of what you've got! By the way, I wear size 9.5-10.5 shoes, 31-33 jeans, medium shirt/jacket. Let's see your vintage closet!

I'd love to help your wife or daughter out but all of that stuff happily still fits me. If I can dig up something I'll hit you back in a PM. What sizes do you all need?

I have a beauty deer tan leather vest! Biker style, its absolutely gorgeous...but shoulda been made outta spandex, as I have expanded.... Custom made by the Leather Ranch in Toronto, sorry but it aint free though...I paid $200, but can lend it to you

Wow, that's quite an offer to lend it to me! Especially seeing as you're in Canada! Another reason why I love this forum! I actually think I want a jean jacket though, I think it'll match my wife better. I'm also looking for a neon fanny pack and maybe some wayfarer sunglasses. I was born in 85, so I didn't get quite the full 80's experience unfortunately! @ CudaChick, that's also very kind of you! My wife pretty much has all of her stuff, my daughter doesn't though. She's 2, and wears size 3t of pretty much everything, and size 7 kids shoes (i think)!

I used to wear Levi's (or Lee's) a rock T-shirt and converse shoes.
I did have a pair cord's and parachute pants that I wore now and then.
As I recall, guy's used to tie bandana's around their leg. I do remember one thing well, take ZZ Tops advice and get yourself a pair of cheap sunglasses.

Denim Jackets are still available new, just an FYI. I've got 6 of them, a few for winter and a few for spring/fall. They make excellent work coats... until you're welding and the frayed ends catch on fire :D

I also agree with gunbunny... Cheap Sunglasses! I've been wearing the same pair of sunglasses for years, they were a promotional thing at Burger King for the movie "Wild Wild West" :D I think the sunglasses were like $3 with the purchase of a meal. I keep them in whatever vehicle i'm driving and they do great to keep the sun out of my eyes.

The only way you can get cheaper than $3 Burger King Promo sunglasses, is Dollar Tree sunglasses, or a pair you find in the street :D

Cheap sunglasses, splatter some paint across them and voila!

click here for more 80's stuff.
Heck, I lived right through that, was kinda hoping to not re-live that again.

-
Back