I need your advise HELP!!!

-

flboatman1

Reaction score
I NEED YOUR HELP!!! I THINK I'M IN TROBLE ,THE 2ND MATCH RACE WITH THE 69 DART HAS CHANGED, BILL WANTS TO RACE ME WITH HIS OTHER CAR AND DOMB ME SAID YES. HE HAS A PONT. ASTRE SAME AS A OLD VAGA ,THIS THING HAS A 500. INCH PONT MOTOR. LOOKS LIKE A OLD PRO STOCK CAR. THE CAR HAS RUN IN 5'S 3YEARS AGO, IF HE POST A 6.5 I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE . HERES WHAT MIGHT HELP ME WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT CAR IT HAD A 175HP OF NITRUS ON CAR TRIED IT ONCE AND I WENT 6.40. SINCE THEN I HAVEN'T USED IT BUT I JETED IT UP TO 210 HP BEFORE I MAKE A FOUL OUT OF MYSELF WAHT CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE EXTRA HP. DO YOU GUYS THINK I STAND A CHANCE . MY REACTION TIMES ARE .03 HIS ARE ON AVERAGE .5 GIVE ME SOME GOOD ADVICE THIS WILL HAPPEN TOMARROW AT ABOUT 6PM. HELP!!!! GARY:homework:

Gary if you haven't used the juice on it, it may not work and you will grenade an engine. You need to sort that out first. I'd cry foul myself but then again with those lights you may stand a chance. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gary if you haven't used the juice on it, it may not work and you will grenade an engine. You need to sort that out first. I'd cry foul myself but then again with those lights you may stand a chance. Sorry I can't be of more help.
GUITAR I'M SORRY I WAS GOING TO TRI TO COME UP TO OSW THIS WEEK END BUT SHORT ON $ . WE ARE GOING TO TRI AND BRING UP BOOTH DARTS AND THIS PONT LAST WEEKEND OF MO . I WILL GO OUT EARLEY AND TRI NITUS IN 3RD FIRST. I HAVE IT HOOKED UP ON TOGGLE ON STRG. WHEEL SO I CUT IT OFF ANY TIME. SHOULD I DO SOMTHING WITH TIMING. THANKS GAR.

Yes, retard it to about 25 degrees max to be safe.

OSW only runs on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays of the month. There won't be any races in July or August. Just the street drags on wednesday and friday nights. There may be a funday sunday or saturday thrown in there though through those months.

BTW I found out earlier this week that my rides owner sold the short block out of the car. We will still be using it this weekend but if something doesn't go as planned (and we all know how that goes) there may not be an engine for the altered the next weekend. I can run my friend Lyle's Dakota though but not in the same class, so we'll just have to see what happens.

So They Are Running This Sat And Next Sat Right. Boy I Would Like To Own Or Lease That Track. It Would Be Running Every Sat Night And Sunday. Not Just Time Trials , Brakets Every Night. There Is Some Money To Made There. Iv'e Never Realey Run The Nitrus But Once, And I Had Kirt Driving It, He's The One I Have To Drive Against Tomarrow,. He Is Slow On Lights. Boy These Guys Would Never Make It In Super Comp Racing. I Will Study The Lights For 30 Min. Before Racing That Pont. I Think I Have Advantage The Pont Has'nt Ben Raced In 2/3 Yrs.:-d

Right, this Saturday and the next, then not until June 13th and 20th. After that it won't be until September. I should have my Scamp race ready before then so you may see me at Lakeland.

Last Weekend I Couldn't Beleave There Was 8/9 Mopars At Lakeland All Nice Iron One Tub Chassie Duster That Was The 2nd One In Two Weeks 5.5 Cars I Didn't Get To Talk To Them Because I Was Working Hard On My Car. But This Week I Will Take Time And Take Old Vid Camera With, Like Me, Old And Does't Work Very Good.

I hear ya. It's hell getting old. :)
hay guitar I KNOW I'M GOING TO GET STATIC FOR THIS ONE BUT HAVE YOU EVER SEAN SO MANY PEOPLE WITH FULL INTERIER NONE LIGHTEND DARTS AND A BODIES, THAT THINK THEY CAN JUST PUT TOGEATHER A SMALL BLOCK MOPAR AND RUN IN THE 9'S. I'VE BEN READING A LOT OF POST THAT ARE TRYING TO DO IT., DO THEY REALEY THINK IT'S THAT EASY, MY DART IS STRIPED OUT AND ON GOOD DAY MAYBE 10.85 ON ENGINE ONLY,NO JUICE. IV'E HAD A 7.0 SEC SUPER COMP CAR LOTS AND LOTS OF $$$ IN IT, AND IT ONLY WEIGHTED 1852 WITH ME IN IT TOPED OFF WITH FUEL.

Yeah, and they can do it on 9" slicks with Cal Tracs at any strip in the country. :)

My Duster weighed 3160 with me in it, it ran 10:40's on a good day with a W5 headed 360 and a .670 lift cam. Certainly not steet material.

My Scamp should come in around 2500 and I expect it to run around 9.70 with the same 360 from the Duster.

Yeah, and they can do it on 9" slicks with Cal Tracs at any strip in the country. :)

My Duster weighed 3160 with me in it, it ran 10:40's on a good day with a W5 headed 360 and a .670 lift cam. Certainly not steet material.

My Scamp should come in around 2500 and I expect it to run around 9.70 with the same 360 from the Duster.
I'm glad there is somebody out there that has the same opinion in all the years of racing .that I have. The PONT. match Race , didn't show up, GM. PONT. CHICKEN. I GUISS THEY CAN'T HANDLE A MOPAR!!! COME AND GET US ALL YOU BAD BOYS ! GARY

I TOOK YOUR ADVICE AND DIDN'T USE NITRUS .CAR RAN GOOD , I WENT TO YOUR PROFILE AND THE WORK ON THE FROUNT FRAME ON YOUR SCAMP IS GREAT!!! NICE JOB! I'M NOT GOING TO OPEN MY HOOD NEXT TO YOURS. SORRY FOR ALL THE BAD SPELLING LOST MOST OF MY BRAIN CELLS. I HAD A FRIEND MAKE A PASS WITH MY DART LAST NIGHT AND I FINALY GOT TO SEE THE CAR CARRY BOTH FRT WHEELS TILL IT HIT SECOND GEAR . ITS HARD TO TELL WHEN YOUR DRIVING. :-D

Don't worry about the spelling Gary, we aren't here to showcase our literary skills. lol

Thanks for the complement, I think we did pretty good for a couple of old rednecks :)

Glad your car ran good, how far did you go? I broke out 3rd round, 6.634 on a 6.65 dial.

Did anybody come by and talk to you from here? I didn't hear from anyone.

Don't worry about the spelling Gary, we aren't here to showcase our literary skills. lol

Thanks for the complement, I think we did pretty good for a couple of old rednecks :)

Glad your car ran good, how far did you go? I broke out 3rd round, 6.634 on a 6.65 dial.

Did anybody come by and talk to you from here? I didn't hear from anyone.
nobody came by last night, first round I forgot to open co2 bottle only had enough pres inline to go into 2nd and throttle went away the shame was get this I have never seen this reaction time before in my life 0.00022, I thought numbers like that would be red I would have beat the dragster because he cut a .50 lt. it wasn't to be. but the run jeff made with my car was a reward in itself. don't get to see my own car run very often, and this is to mr. spell ck.:butthead:

-
Back