i need your help

-

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
ok say i dont sell or trade my car what would it take to put a big block in it what needs to be done in order to do that btw my car is a 71 dart swinger was a /6 car

ya maybe but what do i need to do to drop a big block in my car

Schmaker kit or elephant ears, motor/ trans, drive shaft, headers those are the most apparent things plus alot of little stuff like manual steering box and column.

$$ and aggravation. Just install a 408.

A lot more money....

Engine, trans, new drive shaft, k frame, motor mounts, radiator, and much more. Not to mention you're going to have to spend like 6-800 bucks on headers and then get exhaust as well.

And almost everything for a big block, engine parts themselves, costs more than the same part for a small block... remember that.

If you think you were frustrated with not having $$$$$ for your SB conversion, wait till your saving for the BB. Sounds like from your other threads that you about have what is needed for the SB.

I would put the SB in and save for that BB Demon your wanting.Get it together and drive it.

I was young once and wanted that nice looking, fast machine and had very little patience myself.
After years of trying to drive a hotrod for a DD and breaking down every time the wind changed directions, due to not having proper funding to build it right, I side lined the hotrod hobby for a dependable driver.
I guess what I'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with the pie in the sky goals but when young you need to be happy with what ya got and work toward the bigger goal.

That is unless your folks are nasty rich LOL

well there not rich and i have a suv to drive to high school next year so i think im gonna make it a long term project and i might be gettin a 383 so who knows i might get it done and i dont want it perfect i just want it to move from place to place on its own

-
Back